BF Killer 2100 Killing my system!

• L0rdG1gabyt3
  • L0rdG1gabyt3's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • The character limit on this box is too small for m
More
25 May 2011 05:24 #15854 by L0rdG1gabyt3
I won the BF Networks Killer 2100 at the last LAN party, and unfortuantely, it has given me mostly problems since I installed it.
For some reason, it will suddenly spike my CPU usage all the way to 100% and keep it there until I kill the process.

By l0rdg1gabyt3 at 2011-05-24

After I kill the process, all returns to normal.

I have updated the drivers, but that only seemed to help for a few weeks, then back to the unusable high CPU usage again.

Any others have this NIC and experience the same problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 May 2011 05:55 #15855 by Twodavez
Wow, that's awesome that the internet is soo powerful it brought down your system :P

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
25 May 2011 06:07 #15856 by Nacelle
Mine is working just fine. I've never had that kind of problem before. On my previous system it would take longer than the built-in nic to get going after startup. But on my Sandy Bridge system, it is much faster.

More
25 May 2011 07:40 #15857 by Wingless92
So could we use this NIC as a benchmark tool? Why use Prime95 when you could use this? lol.

That is weird dude.

• L0rdG1gabyt3
  • Platinum Member
More
25 May 2011 08:03 #15858 by L0rdG1gabyt3
I thought so. If it keeps it up, I might have to return it for a FULL refund! ;)

More
25 May 2011 08:21 #15859 by garfi3ld
no problems on mine. Shoot me an email and I will get you in touch with the correct people to get this taken care of

Wes

• L0rdG1gabyt3
  • Platinum Member
More
26 May 2011 06:51 #15882 by L0rdG1gabyt3

garfi3ld wrote: no problems on mine. Shoot me an email and I will get you in touch with the correct people to get this taken care of

Done.

More
27 May 2011 02:14 #15897 by BFN_SeanB
Hey. I'm Bigfoot Networks Community Manager. I think I also might be able to help you out with that particular problem.

Looking at your task manager screenshot, I'm positive that the CPU usage is so high, because that RAM usage is huge. You've stated that killing the process helps, but the CPU spike comes back after some time, meaning you leave your computer running and not powered down often.

That likely means that PC Monitor is on, and it is collecting huge amounts of data, causing the Killer Network Manager to increase in resource use. To remove this problem, all you should have to do is open up the Killer Network Manager, head into the advanced tab, and uncheck PC Monitor. If you want to run some benchmarks, check for bottlenecks in your system while gaming, etc... you can always turn it back on whenever you want.

Sorry for the issue, but I believe this will help out. :-)

Failing that you can always contact our customer support over here: www.bigfootnetworks.com/support

Community Manager
Bigfoot Networks
www.bigfootnetworks.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Koolaid84, Dreyvas, Lersar, L0rdG1gabyt3

More
27 May 2011 02:32 #15898 by Wingless92
Thanks for posting Sean, hopefully this will fix Josh's problem.

• L0rdG1gabyt3
  • Platinum Member
More
27 May 2011 07:56 #15899 by L0rdG1gabyt3

BFN_SeanB wrote: Hey. I'm Bigfoot Networks Community Manager. I think I also might be able to help you out with that particular problem.

Looking at your task manager screenshot, I'm positive that the CPU usage is so high, because that RAM usage is huge. You've stated that killing the process helps, but the CPU spike comes back after some time, meaning you leave your computer running and not powered down often.

That likely means that PC Monitor is on, and it is collecting huge amounts of data, causing the Killer Network Manager to increase in resource use. To remove this problem, all you should have to do is open up the Killer Network Manager, head into the advanced tab, and uncheck PC Monitor. If you want to run some benchmarks, check for bottlenecks in your system while gaming, etc... you can always turn it back on whenever you want.

Sorry for the issue, but I believe this will help out. :-)

Failing that you can always contact our customer support over here: www.bigfootnetworks.com/support

Thanks Sean. I have applied the fix you suggested. I hope it fixes the problem. I really like the product.

We have 1545 guests and no members online

supportus