Gigabyte touch BIOS

More
29 Apr 2011 20:54 #15403 by garfi3ld
Gigabyte touch BIOS was created by garfi3ld
Gigabyte posted up a nice video of their new touch BIOS.

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2011 21:26 - 30 Apr 2011 21:27 #15410 by Leonresevil2
Shouldn't need to access and adjust BIOS that often that it needs to be super-accessible. Plus it's supposed to be basic, not a freakin operating system. Cool for technicians that do it a lot, but I foresee a bunch of noobs wiping their systems when they think they are booting email or the internet.
Personally, if it slows my boot, or booting time to BIOS, I wouldn't use it.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 30 Apr 2011 21:27 by Leonresevil2.

More
30 Apr 2011 22:31 #15412 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Gigabyte touch BIOS
The only reason people think we should have basic BIOS is because thats what its always been. But if you think about it, its amazing that its taken this long to change the way we look at a bios

Wes

More
02 May 2011 20:21 #15428 by Leonresevil2
I can understand looking at it from scratch, but BIOS needs to be fast, reliable, absent of errors, and safe. I feel like injecting more complex and graphic-y code will have an effect on that. As we have seen with games, websites, and programs, it's hard to have error-proof code, harder to have permanently error-proof. More code and more interface interaction with a variety of input devices can lead to such issues. I'd hate to see a BIOS update break my hardware in an update just because I can touch and move things on screen.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 1193 guests and no members online

supportus