How To Troubleshoot....

More
25 Jan 2011 09:19 #13461 by Koolaid84
How To Troubleshoot Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Installation Issues @ NGOHQ.com

Quote: "A new service pack always brings some excitement, but unfortunately it also brings new issues too. Just a few days ago, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 RTM build was leaked, and there have been already reports of installation problems. Even yours truly, has encountered one. In fact, that's why Microsoft hasn't released SP1 officially yet; they are waiting for developers and OEMs to ensure drivers and 3rd party software are 100% compatible with SP1.

First of all, I bet you wondering what's so cool about SP1? Well, SP1 brings 625 hotfixes, most of which weren't released to Windows Update. Additionally, SP1 also brings improved HDMI audio performance and support for an AVX (Advanced Vector Extensions) instruction set that was introduced in Intel Sandy Bridge processors. So I can't blame you for wanting to install SP1 as soon as possible, but if you're afraid of installation issues, or already suffering some – we're here to help."

Link: www.ngohq.com/news/19268-how-to-troubles...allation-issues.html

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2011 23:33 #13464 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic Re: How To Troubleshoot....
It has certainly got some cool & useful features (for me), but that said I am definitely not going to be a paid beta tester. I'll be waiting a good few weeks -> month before I install the real RTM ... except maybe on my HTPC which might make use of the better HDMI audio support.

More
26 Jan 2011 00:45 #13466 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re: How To Troubleshoot....
I remember when the XP SP's hit scene and all the gaming forums where like if you love to place X game then don't update or if you do play X game update but you won't be able to do X until its fixed.

I just remember not doing any of them because Halo PC never had a fix out in time.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
26 Jan 2011 01:17 #13467 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Since Im a computer tech, it looks like I may have some work to do when SP1 hits WU!

More
26 Jan 2011 02:46 #13468 by Wingless92
I always like to wait and see with SP's. No need to jump on the bandwagon the first day.

More
26 Jan 2011 09:32 #13476 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic Re: How To Troubleshoot....

L0rdG1gabyt3 wrote: Since Im a computer tech, it looks like I may have some work to do when SP1 hits WU!

If you "have to" but don't necessarily want to, it sounds like a VM is the perfect solution.

More
26 Jan 2011 19:00 #13477 by L0rdG1gabyt3

Reaper wrote:

L0rdG1gabyt3 wrote: Since Im a computer tech, it looks like I may have some work to do when SP1 hits WU!

If you "have to" but don't necessarily want to, it sounds like a VM is the perfect solution.

I meant mostly with customer computers. I may install it on ONE of my tech bench machines now, so I can see if there are too many problems.

Besides that, I anticipate the waves of disgruntled PC users flocking to my doors within the few weeks after WU deployment... Yippee!

We have 1896 guests and no members online

supportus