So I got a Motorola Droid...

More
12 Nov 2009 19:04 #1191 by Shibumi
So over the weekend I picked up the new Motorola Droid from Verizon and I have to say, I absolutely love it. Don't get me wrong, there are some definite flaws with the phone, but not a single one of the cons outweighs any of the pros of this phone.

I may be a little bit bias in the fact that this is my first smart phone (went from a RAZR to a Droid), but I've spent a lot of time with other people's iPhones, Windows Mobile Handsets, Blackberries, and Palm devices. This is the first Android device I've been able to get my hands on. I really enjoy the operating system a whole lot more than any phone I've messed with, and the actual features of the phone combined with Android 2.0 honestly make me never want to touch an iPhone again.

Not saying the iPhone is bad at all, because let's face it, the iPhone is an excellent piece of hardware. The biggest thing standing in its way is its creator, Apple. Right now there's really nothing standing in the way of Android considering the market is 100% open, can change\do anything you want to with it, and they've only just begun to finally match apple's mobile OS. I really think 2010 is going to be a wondeful year for the Android platform, and the Droid is a great foundation for the phones to come in the next several months.

Bottom line... expect a full review from me soon!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Nov 2009 21:20 #1193 by Dreyvas
Yeah, I got one on Friday. Insanely good phone overall.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 2115 guests and no members online

supportus