New Rig!

More
22 Oct 2010 23:43 #10528 by Wingless92
New Rig! was created by Wingless92
Built my friend a nice little PC today. Using the Scout case that I won at the last LAN we filled it with a MSI AMD motherboard. For the CPU duty's an AMD triple core CPU should work out fine. The RAM is 4GB of Corsiar XMS3. The GPU is a EVGA GTS 450 with the "Superclock" overclock. Powering all of this is a Thermaltake 430W PSU.

I fired her up just a couple of minutes ago and everything is working great. I had to get a cheap'O CPU cooler so I got a CoolerMaster one. I think it was like $15. He is going to use his 80GB HDD for the storage. He doesn't have alot of Steam games but he play's Garry's Mod everyday, lol.

He wanted something real cheap that could play the newest games and this is what we came up with. It's not to bad IMO, kinda like my Shuttle in a way. I'm going to try and unlock the 4th core on the CPU when he gets off of work. Also kinda neat is there are switches to bump the FSB. Not sure if I want to mess with those cause of the cooler that we went with but it maybe something we look into.

Overall i'm really happy. It was under $400 shipped to my house. I sold him the Scout case for $5 and he bought me lunch yesterday for building it. It can handle CrossFire but the PSU will not. This PC leaves him with alot of upgrade options down the road. AM3 socket, Crossfire, better cooler, more RAM, everything. Hopefully it enjoys it alot more than what he has now

His current rig is an dual core POS 1GB RAM, AGP GPU and a 40GB IDE HDD. This should be a major step up for him.

I'll post his thoughts later on and some pics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2010 05:06 #10536 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: New Rig!
Sounds like a solid system! Good job!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 1570 guests and one member online

supportus