Aftermath: LanOC v6.0

More
20 Apr 2010 00:07 #4040 by Koolaid84
Replied by Koolaid84 on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
ok my WoW so called addiction, Im not mad but i had a hell of a time getting into what i wanted to get into which i should had just given up on it right off the bat so i could had been replaced. i played BCBC2 quite a bit since i couldn't get CODmw2 to connect half the friggen time. overall i guess i wished i didn't sleep so much i honestly i didnt feel good. I felt everything went good and im not mad ill just get even, muahahahaha :D lol (sorry i know i sound like im complaining :( )

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Apr 2010 00:25 #4045 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
we already have plans in the works to fix the internet issues once and for all!

Wes

More
20 Apr 2010 01:00 #4051 by CrazyBillyBob
This was my first LAN OC! but I've ran a Lan for 10 years (Monthly for 5 of those)and attended dozens of more across the USA .... I want to say Hats off To Wes, Alex and all of the Staff!!! This was on of the most organized LANs I've been too. The Drawings, Tournaments, and other scheduled events were started on Time (Ok, maybe not right to the minute... but not hours late or early). The Quality and quantity of SWAG you were able to give away from the sponsors is unreal... The Staff put some time and effort into that!!!
I've been in many Case Mod contests and I've got to say hands down that you all run the best case mod contest! The voting/polling system was the best! (only thing that could make it better is to include pics of each entry!) ... Congrats AMY on the Win !!!, you have a well done case! and deserve the win!

But the Absolute best thing about LAN OC V6.0.........Was

STORAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEE!!!!!!!!!

As for the need for better Communication I think the Vent or Local Forum/IRQ sounds cool!

This is a LAN that I'll come back for ;)

More
20 Apr 2010 01:21 #4054 by garfi3ld
CBB coming from you that really does mean a lot.

Wes

More
20 Apr 2010 02:42 #4060 by Reaper
Replied by Reaper on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
This is my second time coming to a LanOC event and I had a better time at this one, part of that is me getting to know some of the regulars a bit better but most of it is the time, energy & effort put into the event.

Things to change:
- Old school tournament. Okay, it could just be me, but this one always takes a long amount of time to complete. I opted out of this one because I was having fun playing FPS with everyone.
- Communication: I like the Vent server idea. You could have one channel be a general "game announcement" chat, then have sub-channels for games in progress. That'd be really handy for games where you can't control the in-game voice chat independently, too.

Things to not change:
- The info you get coming into the door is great, tells me absolutely everything I need to know.
- Raffles
- Dodgeball
- Lan Control Center is nice
- The rules you guys come up with for the tournaments always seem pretty fair

Had a great time, though and will be back for the next one for sure, hopefully with some more of the FWG crew!

More
20 Apr 2010 03:02 #4065 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
If we could get it set up, Mumble is an amazing voice client that Alex and I have been using. It's basically kind of like Vent, but with an amazing voice codec that gives really good clarity and a great but unintrusive ingame overlay that always lets you know exactly who is talking. Only problem is, you can only run the server on Linux, so maybe I could bring my laptop and use it as a server or something. The client works with all versions of Windows, fortunately.

More
20 Apr 2010 03:05 #4066 by garfi3ld
weird i have the server running on the lanoc server lol

Thats the most disappointing thing. I had both mumble and vent running on the server. But they were basically untested. Having stompfest the week before really hurt our testing time.

Wes

More
20 Apr 2010 03:13 #4069 by Dreyvas
Oh, really? That's awesome, I guess I was misinformed. Mumble is really, really good.

More
20 Apr 2010 14:39 #4105 by LinkyPwns
Replied by LinkyPwns on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
I had a great time at v6.0! This was prolly the best LANOC yet in my opinion. I got to see the regulars as well as meet new people. It was a good time and thanks for all the effort put into organizing this event.

On the side note, how is MW2 realistic when you shoot a $68,000 warhead from the sky to kill one person? Just being picky lol

More
20 Apr 2010 15:15 #4112 by Dreyvas
LinkyPwns wrote:

I had a great time at v6.0! This was prolly the best LANOC yet in my opinion. I got to see the regulars as well as meet new people. It was a good time and thanks for all the effort put into organizing this event.

On the side note, how is MW2 realistic when you shoot a $68,000 warhead from the sky to kill one person? Just being picky lol

Not to mention running around with dual 1887s and reloading them both in about two seconds. If you want realism, play America's Army, heh.

More
20 Apr 2010 16:45 #4118 by Tiffany
Replied by Tiffany on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
You guys just cant accept that it is a badass game! lol :P

More
20 Apr 2010 16:53 #4121 by Dreyvas
I don't think we were discussing how "badass" it was. We were picking on the fact that you said you liked "realistic" games, lawl.

More
20 Apr 2010 16:56 #4124 by Tiffany
Dreyvas wrote:

I don't think we were discussing how "badass" it was. We were picking on the fact that you said you liked "realistic" games, lawl.

well at least its humans.. in real places... with weapons that we all knows... not red team blue team umm things.. with green juice blobs that kill things lol

More
20 Apr 2010 16:57 #4126 by Dreyvas
Dude, shooting blobs of nuclear waste would be way better at killing people than dual-wielding shotguns. :P

More
20 Apr 2010 17:00 #4129 by Tiffany
Dreyvas wrote:

Dude, shooting blobs of nuclear waste would be way better at killing people than dual-wielding shotguns. :P

... you would.

lol you will never convince me that any game is better than MW2 my friend.. NEVER. :)

More
20 Apr 2010 17:48 #4135 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
Tiffany wrote:

Dreyvas wrote:

... you would.

lol you will never convince me that any game is better than MW2 my friend.. NEVER. :)

women...

More
20 Apr 2010 18:39 #4141 by Dreyvas
Again, I thought we were strictly talking realism. ;)

More
20 Apr 2010 20:04 #4153 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
I would like to thank you all for a great time. Wes and Adam good job being the up front people that I saw the most and got a kick out of your guy's LOLs.

CrazyBillBob, your "STOORRRAAGGGE" was a great way to end the LAN while doing the raffle, kept me interested while hoping I would win something... And your Claptrap case was AWESOME, should have won, but you did an amazing job on it.

DodgeBall had to be the coolest things I have ever seen at a LAN Party. And you guys need to keep doing that, I will come back just for that.

Sponsors provided some great items. Personally the storage enclosure seem to be way over done, but I guess I can't complain they sent them, so you give them away. One thing on the motherboard and Processor. I think they should go together and not seperate. "If" I had won one of them, it would be waste, because I can't use it without another $300 in hardware. And from what I have seen of Intel from NeXusLAN is they want the things they send to be used by the person that wins. (just my 2 cents.)

Tourney were ok and fun.

On the topic of communication. I don't think Vent is a good option because only way to get over 8 people in one server is to have a paid one which means 80 people are using the internet to get to a vent server when they are all in the same room. One options for voicechat where the server isn't limited in local installation, is teamspeak and it work just as good as ventrilo.

Projector is a very good communication tool is placed where alot of people can see it. You could shoot it at the garage door, but it would have to hung from above. If you wanted to try a projector at the next LAN I would be willing to bring my projector for you guys to use.

Overall, great time, I was worried with the overnight stay, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I will be watching for information on mini-LANS and V7.0. If people wanted to come to columbus might even do a garage LAN myself sometime this summer. hehe

ok, done writing my book.

More
21 Apr 2010 11:06 #4196 by Daveyo
Replied by Daveyo on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
always a lot of fun. Great tournaments, not the typical cod 4, tf2 toureys. Give's everyone a chance to win. Dodge ball and pacman tourney, case/keyboard smashing, good break from the lanning. Raffles were awesome as usual, and very fair. I think you are going to have to find even more seats for the next lan lol. 10/10

Things to change - I cant even think of a single thing.

More
21 Apr 2010 12:13 #4197 by LinkyPwns
Replied by LinkyPwns on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
Dreyvas wrote:

I'll agree with you Tiffany that it is indeed a badass game. GAME
But it's not realistic, just modern lol
I think counterstrike source is a much more realistic game that keeps modern day guns in it.

More
21 Apr 2010 15:12 #4204 by Oh4sh0
Replied by Oh4sh0 on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
LinkyPwns wrote:

Dreyvas wrote:

I'll agree with you Tiffany that it is indeed a badass game. GAME
But it's not realistic, just modern lol
I think counterstrike source is a much more realistic game that keeps modern day guns in it.

Yes because shooting at the ground with an AK is likely to yield headshots.. CSS is completely arcade!

More
21 Apr 2010 15:20 #4206 by technobear
Replied by technobear on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
Oh4sh0 wrote:

LinkyPwns wrote:
Yes because shooting at the ground with an AK is likely to yield headshots.. CSS is completely arcade!

Well actually sure it is lifelike.. Ricochets are capable of causing just as much, if not more, damage than a direct shot.

A round ricocheted off of the ground or any object really, will give it a spin and gyration turning it into a kind of flying blender blade. No, i dont think its likely that you could intentionally bounce a round off of the ground and get a headshot.. but enough rounds shot into the ground especially on stone cement or steel could very likely produce a killing shot.

Wana get real? Give me a .22 and some baby bottle nipples... lets snipe!!!
Shot placement is very important. Yes, " the bigger the hole the better" is a good philosophy.. but if accuracy wasnt important we would drop nukes for one guy instead of having and training snipers. :D

More
21 Apr 2010 23:45 #4262 by vialdragon
Replied by vialdragon on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
garfi3ld wrote:

weird i have the server running on the lanoc server lol

Thats the most disappointing thing. I had both mumble and vent running on the server. But they were basically untested. Having stompfest the week before really hurt our testing time.

Won't happen again tho :)

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

More
22 Apr 2010 00:55 - 22 Apr 2010 16:07 #4263 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic Re:Aftermath: LanOC v6.0
LinkyPwns wrote:

We have been spending billions in rockets in the wars over see just trying to kill 2 !!!!! lol MW2 must be pretty real . US is at a 50 % kill rate
Last edit: 22 Apr 2010 16:07 by jj_Sky5000.

More
22 Apr 2010 16:10 #4296 by Tiffany
Oh4sh0 wrote:

oh snap. lol

More
23 Apr 2010 20:52 #4594 by Oh4sh0
Last July we went to MML in KY, which wasn't too bad....

More
23 Apr 2010 20:55 #4598 by garfi3ld
Oh4sh0 wrote:

you want to go again?

Wes

More
23 Apr 2010 20:59 #4600 by Oh4sh0
garfi3ld wrote:

Oh4sh0 wrote:

you want to go again?

I'd probably be down for going..

We have 1721 guests and one member online

supportus