Million Man Lan 11

More
09 Jul 2012 08:55 #26008 by Shibumi
Million Man Lan 11 was created by Shibumi
That time of year again. Anyone from these parts planning on attending MML 11?

www.lanwar.com/News.asp?Process=DISPLAY

Myself and 3-4 others are planning on heading down this year probably from Fri-Sun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2012 01:07 #26653 by JWLopez69
Replied by JWLopez69 on topic Million Man Lan 11
I will be attending, but I'm significantly closer than you all it's only a 45 min drive for me. I'm at the end of Row 8. Plan to see you there.

More
31 Jul 2012 01:56 #26655 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Million Man Lan 11
I really wish i could have made it out to this one.

Wes

More
31 Jul 2012 16:27 #26713 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Million Man Lan 11
Hope you guys have fun with this one. Maybe next year :laugh:

More
06 Aug 2012 22:25 #26874 by Shibumi
Replied by Shibumi on topic Million Man Lan 11
Bah, I should have looked again at this thread during MML. I thought it was going unnoticed. Sorry we didn't meet up Lopez. We were near the end of row 3. Team Rage Quit all weekend in case you saw us in a tourney.

Sorry the rest of you guys couldn't make it, was a really fun time. LoL tournament was a blast :D

More
10 Aug 2012 14:54 #26978 by Teh_tourist
Replied by Teh_tourist on topic Million Man Lan 11
I was there too, and may or may not have played you in the League of Legends tournament. I was on team Garen and the baddies.

More
10 Aug 2012 16:11 #26979 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Million Man Lan 11
To those who went, can you give us a run-down of what the MML was like? It's something i'd like to attend sometime to cross if off the list.
Thanks!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
24 Aug 2012 04:10 #27461 by Teh_tourist
It was pretty similar to any other event run by them, plenty of great company and games to be played. I saw mostly CS:GO, LoL, TF2, SC2, and Magicka.

Now I'm staff for Lanwar, so It's my obligation to convince you to come by any means necessary. What else do you want to know?

More
24 Aug 2012 16:54 #27486 by Cyphis
Replied by Cyphis on topic Million Man Lan 11
I was kind of let down a little by the group. We tried posting a NexusLAN event on the LANWAR website and it was deleted saying that they do not promote other LAN parties. So I was a bit put off by that. The whole point of keeping these LANs going to to support the gaming community, so I don't quite understand that whole thing. I went to MML a few years back and our group won the Lego build contest with the Intel Castle and Dragon attack. It was a good time, so if people are interested in going, it is fun. I just have a little bit of a bad taste when the whole deletion of our LAN on their site happened.

More
24 Aug 2012 17:44 #27492 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Million Man Lan 11
Yeah and then they came and posted thier lan on our site after taking our post down. I was like huh really.

More
24 Aug 2012 18:30 #27493 by Teh_tourist

Cyphis wrote: I was kind of let down a little by the group. We tried posting a NexusLAN event on the LANWAR website and it was deleted saying that they do not promote other LAN parties. So I was a bit put off by that. The whole point of keeping these LANs going to to support the gaming community, so I don't quite understand that whole thing. I went to MML a few years back and our group won the Lego build contest with the Intel Castle and Dragon attack. It was a good time, so if people are interested in going, it is fun. I just have a little bit of a bad taste when the whole deletion of our LAN on their site happened.

Okay, I've seen this happen before and it does feel a little seedy but we are just trying to keep people from advertising conflicting LAN parties on our site. Did the dates for the LAN coincide with any dates for a Lanwar event? I know people who have posted ads fro other LANs on the forums in the past, but they needed to run it by LW staff beforehand. As long as your event doesn't conflict with a LW event it should be fine in my opinion. Once I hear back from you confirming this I'll run it by some senior staff to not take down any event postings that don't conflict with our own events.

More
24 Aug 2012 19:20 #27496 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Million Man Lan 11
Nope there was no conflicting dates, we were told they do not allow other lans to post there because they feel its not fair to thier sponsors to allow other lans to post on the lanwar site.

We have 3064 guests and no members online

supportus