LanOC 5.5 Mini Lan Feb 20th 2010

More
12 Feb 2010 20:48 #2085 by Lersar

Shroud wrote: Sup guys, I'm a friend of David. I plan on coming, this sounds too awesome to pass up.

Nice to meet you, welcome to the site. Glad to hear you're coming, it'll be a good time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2010 22:27 #2090 by garfi3ld
A week to go, im excited

Wes

More
13 Feb 2010 23:59 #2091 by Davey_Boy
Man, according to the UPS tracking site my computer is sittin here in Celina...but I didn't get it today :/ now I gotta wait till Monday...boo :(

More
14 Feb 2010 03:40 #2092 by Nafun
My wife and I should be there. We're building new computers this week. It'll all come down to whether or not any vital parts arrive doa, and what time our SVC order arrives. It's currently scheduled for friday, and since we ordered coolers from there, we can't really build without them.

(To forestall questions...
i7 920 w/ 295 gtx for me, and am3 965 BE w/ 285 for the missus)

More
15 Feb 2010 06:13 #2100 by Lersar

starkiller1 wrote: Man, according to the UPS tracking site my computer is sittin here in Celina...but I didn't get it today :/ now I gotta wait till Monday...boo :(

Ah that sucks man, at least you'll have it by Saturday?

@Nafun
Hope to see you there man, fingers crossed on quick shipping this week!

More
15 Feb 2010 11:27 #2101 by garfi3ld
if it doesn't make it to celina by 5am they wait until the next day, you should get it today

Wes

More
16 Feb 2010 06:45 #2105 by Heffernan
me and fildy are comeing. ohoh

More
16 Feb 2010 14:25 #2107 by Twodavez
I know of 3 more people who i doubt will formally register for the LAN, but will be coming, if you want to keep that in mind for the total of people coming.
Nick_Wic
Dave Yo
Veind
Will be coming with me.
thanks, See you in a few days!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
17 Feb 2010 04:41 #2112 by garfi3ld
I added Nick and Dave but I dont see Veind on the list for some reason

Wes

More
17 Feb 2010 15:33 #2115 by Twodavez
He's Daveyo's little brother who just recently got a i5 rig worthy of gaming, so he's new to the scene. I'll try to contact him to get him to sign-up to the site, as I imagine he'll be making to more LAN OC events in the future!
thanks for helping out with Daveyo and Nick_wic.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
17 Feb 2010 18:43 #2119 by jj_Sky5000
Hey wes can we update the games on the front page of registation 5.5 i want to make sure i have them installed!!!!

thanks
james

More
18 Feb 2010 04:17 #2123 by Randle
Just a note I may not be able to make it due to unforeseen circumstances. I should have a better idea sometime tomorrow or Friday if I will be coming.

More
18 Feb 2010 14:37 #2128 by jj_Sky5000
If any body has any 1 TB or 2 TB Internal Hard Drive to sale, I will have Cash on hand Saturday, lets make a deal !!!!!!

More
18 Feb 2010 14:53 #2129 by Lersar

Randle wrote: Just a note I may not be able to make it due to unforeseen circumstances. I should have a better idea sometime tomorrow or Friday if I will be coming.

Hope you can make it man

More
18 Feb 2010 18:53 #2139 by Lersar
25 8bitgeek Thu, 18.02.2010 00:32

Matt's coming!?

More
18 Feb 2010 20:38 #2141 by Randle
I won't be able to make it. My grandmother's funeral was set much sooner than I expected. Looking forward to gaming with you guys in the future though.

More
19 Feb 2010 01:28 #2142 by Lersar

Randle wrote: I won't be able to make it. My grandmother's funeral was set much sooner than I expected. Looking forward to gaming with you guys in the future though.

Sorry for your loss man, its completely understandable. We'll catch you in the future for sure!

More
19 Feb 2010 15:57 #2147 by jj_Sky5000
What games are we playing ?

More
19 Feb 2010 17:14 #2148 by Dreyvas
No RTS, sorry. I heard Trackmania got banned, too. :)

More
19 Feb 2010 17:30 #2149 by Twodavez
Well i'd like to get a few rounds of the Warcraft III mod in tomorrow! I've been playing around and found some good characters! It'll support up to 8 people and a few of the maps it's a survival competition!
Make sure everyone gets Shattered Horizons through steam. They are having a free weekend of it! It's a decent game, worth trying because it is cool because it's in space and gun fire can come from anywhere!

More
19 Feb 2010 17:41 #2150 by Lersar

garfi3ld wrote: Name MiniLan 5.5
Date: Saturday Feb 20th 2009
Time: 11am to Midnight

We are, of course, open to any game that has enough interest, so please bring any game you wish to play. The games above are simply what we know people are ready to play.

Price: $5 (to be paid at the door)

More information will be coming very soon!

Lersar wrote: Official Game List:

We are, of course, open to any game that has enough interest, so please bring any game you wish to play. The games above are simply what we know people are ready to play.

Versions:
CS:S - Updated via Steam
WC3 - Any suggestions?
TF2 - Updated via Steam
MW2 - Updated via Steam
Trackmania Nations - Updated via Steam

More
19 Feb 2010 18:15 #2152 by jj_Sky5000
How many have mw 2?

More
19 Feb 2010 18:17 #2153 by jj_Sky5000
Thanks Adam for the update of games. I see it was on page one which i only look at the most recent topics. I never would have look there. The place where I look for it at was the registration page.

More
19 Feb 2010 19:50 #2155 by Lersar
not a problem. count me for mw2, btw

More
19 Feb 2010 20:58 #2157 by Dreyvas
I'll be in for some MW2.

More
19 Feb 2010 21:11 #2158 by Reaper
It looks like I'm not going to be able to make it. Between not being able to get a sitter for the (sick) kids for more than a few hours and some things at work I'm not going to be able to make it. Looking forward to LanOC 6 however and some LANs in between!

More
19 Feb 2010 21:34 #2160 by garfi3ld
bummer we wont have you there John, but i understand. Maybe we can play a few online games with you at some point

Wes

More
20 Feb 2010 07:25 #2163 by garfi3ld
We have everything setup and we are looking forward to seeing everyone. Also with it being so cold outside, the buildings heat is a little weird, depending on where you sit you could be very warm or cold. I would recommend dressing a little light but bringing something to put on over to keep you warm.

Everything else is good to go, the internet is up and running at the building. All of the staff setup and updated already. We even slipped in a game of DOTA. Not to mention building adams new rig right at the building.

see everyone in the morning

if anyone has access to bawls, feel free to get me some

Wes

More
21 Feb 2010 05:24 #2164 by Lersar
Well, we're pretty much wrapping up here, thanks to everyone who came out, hope to see you at v6.0 in April!

What did everyone think?

More
21 Feb 2010 08:40 #2166 by MurDerFace
Thanks to eveyone for attending. It was nice to see everyone again and we hope to see all again at the next lan party.I had a chance to play some new games this weekend and even got to meet a couple a coupld new peopel which was really fun so again thanks to eveyone who showed up and to those people and the ones that couldnt make it again hope to see you all real soon.

Werd up home slice

We have 1912 guests and no members online

supportus