Dark Void - PC

More
09 Feb 2010 16:28 #2039 by Lersar
Dark Void - PC was created by Lersar
Capcom's much anticipated foot-and-air hybrid finally released on January 19th, developed by Airtight Games on the Unreal Engine 3. Airtight has created a mix of on the ground first-person action  with aerial thrid-person flight and combat, Dark Void was a title we were anxious to get our hands on I finally get to sit down to reflect on my experience with the latest title from Capcom.

www.lanoc.org/review/games/pc-games/2459-dark-void-pc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2010 16:35 #2041 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic RE: Dark Void - PC
Apparently we're the only ones who likeed this bad boy. I havn't read any other reviews but I've heard from a lot of people that they didn't like Dark Void. Good on ya Adam for giving it an honest shake.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

More
09 Feb 2010 16:52 #2042 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic RE: Dark Void - PC
From what I've heard and read a lot of people are finding that the story isn't very engaging, and that the graphics aren't anything extraordinary. While I agree with both, I think the former, as mentioned, has a lot to do with the way the player is thrown in and out of plot sequences with little time to understand them. I think a decent story is there, but its not very attractive amongst a lot of the confusion.

Some reviews have counted off for not being anything revolutionary with graphics. There's an industry standard that Dark Void meets but doesn't exceed, and to me it just makes more sense to reward games that do rather than penalize those that don't.

The mentioned flaws are reflected in my score, but when everything is said in done it still was a good experience to sit down and play.

More
09 Feb 2010 17:44 #2043 by Tim
Replied by Tim on topic RE: Dark Void - PC
Awesome well said. I edited your review before a score was given and from the body text I was getting the impression of a solid 8/10. well said Adam great review. Plus 39.99 is not too shabby. I think the console version goes for at least 59.99 or more.

~Tim
My mom says I'm cool.

We have 2598 guests and one member online

supportus