OCZ Platinum 1600Mhz Ram Triple Channel

More
11 Dec 2009 00:46 #1490 by Twodavez
In the ram market there isn't any one manufacture who is top dog, but there are a few that stand out. One of the few manufactures that targets enthusiasts and benchmarkers is OCZ. They entered the memory market in August of 2000 hoping to make the best high performance memory; over nine years later they have grown to be one of the most successful enthusiast ram manufactures on the market. Recently they have been known for their SSD's but their memory is what started it all. Today I have the chance to take a look at one of their 1600Mhz Triple channel kits for the i7 platform. Read on to see how it performed.
lanoc.org/review/hardware/pc-hardware/21...0-ram-triple-channel

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2009 00:47 #1491 by Twodavez
Hate to break it to you but you can pick up this RAM for about $30 online via Ebay. While i'm currently using them in a i7 rig i'm going to build, i'd think you'd be better served to get 6gb for the same price...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 Dec 2009 01:49 #1493 by garfi3ld
As i said in the end this kit is one of the best values. Its a shame the MSRP doesn't really show that, but looking around online you can find it cheap.

Also this is the 6 gig kit

Wes

We have 2924 guests and one member online

supportus