E3 Questions?

More
07 Sep 2012 23:01 #27891 by Wooderson
E3 Questions? was created by Wooderson
A couple of guys I work with are talking about going to E3. Their are wondering how to get tickets and what events the public are aloud into. If anyone has any info please let me know thanks.

I kill CPU's

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2012 00:21 #27892 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic E3 Questions?
E3 is an industry event

You either need a Media pass which someone like Wes can get or prove you're in a decision making position. I can tell you for my pass in 2011, it was extremely easy. In 2012 it was so aggravating and took so many emails back and forth I gave up on dealing with E3 and asked for a guest pass from one of my vendors (that sponsors E3). I didn't go this year, I elected to go to QuakeCON instead.

As far as Media passes, my understanding is they've recently started cracking down hardcore on the amount of media passes they give out too. I've heard you almost have to be a guest of one of the big sponsors to even get in. Like AMD, NVIDIA, whoever may be there.

You can pay to enter, but I think it's a one day pass for like $700.

Truthfully, I'd rather go to PAX.

More
08 Sep 2012 00:36 #27893 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic E3 Questions?
I know the media pass was pretty easy to get for QuakeCon. The line was MUCH shorter to get in thursday morning. JJ_sky had one from his work with Stompfest and was in the BYOC area hours before the rest of us. Plus he was able to get into the media area that served breakfast and lunch thursday and friday!
If you can get in with Wes in reviewing, i'd assume you'd qualify!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
08 Sep 2012 00:52 #27897 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic E3 Questions?
Every event is different with their media passes. Some are very relaxed and other require a lot of information as well as examples of work. Some even require examples of traffic or readership.

Wes

More
08 Sep 2012 01:00 #27899 by jj_Sky5000
Replied by jj_Sky5000 on topic E3 Questions?
I would suggest PAX east, a ton of new releases get a 3 day pass and enjoy . you can be brave and also sign up for byoc if your driving but you wont spend much time there.

We have 1241 guests and one member online

supportus