Happy D3 Day.

More
15 May 2012 16:48 #25127 by Myndmelt
Happy D3 Day. was created by Myndmelt
Happy Diablo 3 Day people! My copy is still in transit, it should be here tom-morrow though! :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2012 17:36 #25128 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
Relieved to hear I'm not the only one who didn't get to play it on launch. Decided not to stay up for it in lieu of work. I'm such an adult...
The following user(s) said Thank You: draymac

More
15 May 2012 18:24 #25129 by evildoer
Replied by evildoer on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
Saved yourself some aggrivation not being up at 3 AM.

I had some paid time off to burn so I took today off just to do it, I got in at 3:00 AM on the dot. Five minutes later after creating a couple of characters, every action including a successful log in would just time out.

More
15 May 2012 18:24 #25130 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
I hope I don't get beat on the head for this but am I the only who didn't buy this game? Everyone I know or talk to online seem to be purchasing this. I don't know maybe I'm just being a dirty commie here.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Plague

More
15 May 2012 18:39 #25131 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.

drpain wrote: I hope I don't get beat on the head for this but am I the only who didn't buy this game? Everyone I know or talk to online seem to be purchasing this. I don't know maybe I'm just being a dirty commie here.

You and I can just play rock paper scissors in the corner! I didn't buy it either and don't plan on it until it gets super cheap, and by then, it'll be old hat and everyone will be playing the new elders scroll... I'm soo behind the ball on game releases, nothing really gets my attention besides the Battlefields, although i need a new video card before going further in the series! :unsure:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
15 May 2012 19:09 #25138 by draymac
Replied by draymac on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
I was able to brave the midnight release last night. It was a good time since all the pc gamers were ragging on the two people there for Max Payne 3! ;-) We had a good 40 people on hand and got a decent D3 poster along with a LoL code for Allistar, part of Gamestop's promotion for reserving a pc game in the month of May, so it was a good night. Oh, and I got the game too :-)

I was a bit let down that the servers didn't go live til 3am EST, but I also understand why. Were the servers hit hard at 3? You bet! In the first 45 minutes, I was only able to log into my account once, and never got past the character creation screen, lol. I finally gave up and picked up some sleep. I tried again this morning around 9:30 and got into the game and played the first couple quests before heading to work.

Happy D3 Day indeed!

More
15 May 2012 23:41 #25152 by Ender
Replied by Ender on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
YAY! Happy D3! I'm still waiting for my Collector's Edition to show up. Myndmelt and I are watching the door in anticipation for it to grace us with it's presence. I did find out though that after downloading it and installing it, you can play with the Starter Edition! You do not require a key for it and i believe you can get as far as you did in the Beta. They did change a lot of the achievements, which was nice to see and frustrating at the same time. lol. I will most likely starting the Hardcore gaming tomorrow night once I get the game. Look me up if you want to do some gaming! >> Ender#1673 << This is my BattleTag. Hopefully I'll see you all on. As for the suckers that didn't buy the game...You call yourselves gamers?!? lol Anyways, I'll hop on vent / skype tonight and join in the events.

More
16 May 2012 00:01 #25153 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
I always thought it was crappy that the people who ordered the physical game (usually special edition) didn't get to play the game the day the game came out. Couldn't they just not put a key in the box, and allow you to buy the game online through them and just ship them dirrectly to you? Or have some way to put your email in at time of purchase that would send you the key so you could download and have it ready. It's not like you could play until the servers went live, but here you are still having to install the whole game and download patches to play,e ven though you spent more than the rest of the people who've been playing for 13 hours already!
I used to make fun of my star wars friend who bought the games and wouldn't get them until like 2 days after the game came out.
what would it have hurt for Blizzard to allow the game to ship on saturday???

Oh well, enjoy fellas who bought it!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
16 May 2012 00:29 #25154 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
this is where gamestop comes in handy

Wes

More
16 May 2012 00:51 #25159 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.

garfi3ld wrote: this is where gamestop comes in handy

Yeah well this is where I am letting price dictate my waiting. Newegg had a promo code for 10 dollars off, so saving 20 bucks when buying 2 copies is nice.

More
16 May 2012 00:52 #25160 by Ender
Replied by Ender on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.

garfi3ld wrote: this is where gamestop comes in handy

Would...had they not sold out in 4 days. =P I tried getting my copy on day 5. No Gamestop had it available.

More
16 May 2012 02:09 #25161 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
I paid off my preorder and then the next day cancelled it. Needed stuff for the car. At this point I have no idea when i'll pick it up.

Summer is for outdoors, not video games!

More
16 May 2012 03:45 - 16 May 2012 17:24 #25163 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
:ohmy:
Last edit: 16 May 2012 17:24 by Myndmelt.

More
16 May 2012 03:48 #25164 by Satansoul
Replied by Satansoul on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
Battle Tag is Arxon#1605 add me for some co-op

More
16 May 2012 03:58 #25165 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.
I don't have the money to buy it right now, maybe after a few pay checks. I'm also not in a huge rush cause I wasn't a fan of 1 or 2, but after seeing everyone getting it and seeing some game play it looks a lot like dungeon siege with better graphics and I loved dungeon siege 1.

More
16 May 2012 05:40 #25167 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Happy D3 Day.

Shroud wrote: I don't have the money to buy it right now, maybe after a few pay checks. I'm also not in a huge rush cause I wasn't a fan of 1 or 2, but after seeing everyone getting it and seeing some game play it looks a lot like dungeon siege with better graphics and I loved dungeon siege 1.

I never really played 1 or 2, 3 is fun though.

We have 1483 guests and no members online

supportus