Hissing Sound Out of Speakers on Reboot

More
16 Dec 2011 08:13 #21635 by Wingcmdr77
This just happened last night after I updated the Onboard Sound Drivers on the Mobo. Only
lasts for about 5-10 seconds on reboot. When the PC is up and running everything sounds just
fine.

Its sound from this setup built into the mobo:

SupremeFX X-Fi 2 built-in 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- X-Fi® Xtreme Fidelity™
- EAX® Advanced™ HD 5.0
- THX® TruStudio PRO™
- Creative ALchemy
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel

On the outside the drivers say Creative X-Fi with THX Tru Pro Sound. But the driver like
many is from RealTek. On Asus's website is their latest, I downloaded that one first...
Same issue.

So I ran Driveragent.com and obtained a later Realtek driver set. Still the same. Could it
just be a fluke and whatever I did pushed the older speakers over the edge? Its a THX®-Certified ProMedia 5.1 personal audio system from 2003.

Wires on it are original they could have been bent one too many times? But I do keep up on keeping dust bunnies at bay. :lol:

Any thoughts? Suggests? Appreciated...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arxon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Dec 2011 16:40 #21641 by Nacelle
Monitors will make a noise on startup too. As long as everything is running correctly once Windows is up and running, I wouldn't worry about it.

More
17 Dec 2011 08:23 #21650 by Arxon
Wow I didn't realize I missed installing the THX TruStudio PRO for my motherboard. Lets just say music is 100000x better. Your post made me look to see if i had my drivers installed.

More
17 Dec 2011 22:36 #21657 by Wingcmdr77
glad I helped out! lol

More
25 Dec 2011 01:11 #21777 by Wingcmdr77
merry christmas to me. ugh! It's definately blown, the subwoofer. got center speaker
sound for a while, then no other sound.... uninstalled the drivers reinstalled.
i can see the apps putting out sound the little bars go up and down.

im not spending 130.00 to get it fixed like last year. no local place can fix them
they dont give them service manuals or parts. only mailed directly to klipsch. guess i'm getting something
cheap and new....

We have 1489 guests and no members online

supportus