Cosmos II by Coolermaster

More
01 Dec 2011 02:31 #21231 by Ender
www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalIssues/...erUser/CP____1201__/

Click the link above and go to page 2 and 3. I wish i wouldn't have bought a case, because this just went to number 1 on my list. So gorgeous. Anything i could ever want in a case =(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2011 02:42 #21232 by garfi3ld
;)

Wes

More
01 Dec 2011 02:47 #21233 by L0rdG1gabyt3

garfi3ld wrote: ;)

Oh My! :woohoo: I think I may need to change my pants! Perhaps I don't want an NZXT Phantom so bad anymore.........

More
01 Dec 2011 07:33 #21241 by Brandonxcore
Wow, I was about to buy the cooler master enforcer, if they don't put a 400$ pricetag on it, Im savin'.

More
01 Dec 2011 10:44 - 01 Dec 2011 10:44 #21249 by Wingless92
Really guys? WoW, I guess your tastes change as you get older. Me, i'm more of a simple person. No lights, no handles, no BS. Just a clean straight lines and simple design. I do like the Phantom's but that's because of the price point.

I would never do 4way SLi in that thing. No way, no how. Hell, I have had to mess with the fans too many times in my 800D to get the cooling where I want it at.

I'm sorry but that thing is just butt ugly. Why in the hell is there handles on it anyways. It's not like it's the NZXT Vulcan case. Your not going to lug that thing around at LAN parties anyways.

Sorry, late night rant.

I'll go back to myfeecams now.
Last edit: 01 Dec 2011 10:44 by Wingless92.

More
01 Dec 2011 11:01 #21253 by garfi3ld
If everyone had the same tastes in things we would all own the same PC's, car's, and cloths.

And its hard to judge the cooling performance just yet. The 800D, although a great case wasn't exactly known for its cooling performance.

Wes

More
01 Dec 2011 21:03 - 01 Dec 2011 21:05 #21265 by L0rdG1gabyt3

Wingless92 wrote: I'm sorry but that thing is just butt ugly. Why in the hell is there handles on it anyways. It's not like it's the NZXT Vulcan case. Your not going to lug that thing around at LAN parties anyways.

Sorry, late night rant.

I'll go back to myfeecams now.

I got to work inside one of the original Cosmos cases, and it was fantastic! Tons of room, and sleek looks. The handles are there for 2 reasons... 1. decoration.. They go all the way around and work as feet to lift the case off the floor for your upside down PSU breathing room. 2. When fully loaded, its HEAVY! handles are nice for moving the case when you have to sweep or vacuum the floor underneath it.

And yes, if it was my only machine, it would be going to all the parties with me.

One of the other cases im contemplating for my build is the Fractal Design Define XL. I hear its a beast. I could add handles to that! ;)
Last edit: 01 Dec 2011 21:05 by L0rdG1gabyt3.

More
01 Dec 2011 21:15 #21268 by Wingless92
I agree Wes, that is why I said me, lol.

It does have some good ideas behind it but it gives of the

"Gee, look at me, i'm CRAZY" attitude.

I like things to be understated and simple.

But that is just me

Josh - that is a great case. Saw it at CES last year and have looked at it a couple times since.

More
01 Dec 2011 21:20 #21272 by L0rdG1gabyt3

Wingless92 wrote: Josh - that is a great case. Saw it at CES last year and have looked at it a couple times since.

The newer versions are coming with USB 3.0 front panels... If you have one already without USB 3.0, you can order the retro-fit part from Fractal.

More
01 Dec 2011 23:40 #21290 by Wingless92
Funny that you should say that. I really don't use USB3. I have a flash drive from CES but other than that I don't use it.

The front I/O is a waste of space for me. It's funny to see case manufactures putting USB3 on the front I/O but aren't they still using passthrough cables? I know some of the newer X79 boards have USB3 headers but I haven't seen cases with them.

More
01 Dec 2011 23:48 #21291 by garfi3ld
USB 3 internal headers have been on a lot of boards and some of the cases also.

I use USB 3.0 almost everyday as well as all of my front ports. The important thing with USB 3.0 to me is there isn't any reason not to want to have it. It doesn't hurt anything to have a USB 3.0 port over a 2.0 port. But when you need the speed its there

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: L0rdG1gabyt3

More
02 Dec 2011 01:05 #21298 by Wingless92
There is no need for USB3 for keyboards and mice. But it is useful for external drives and flash drives, etc. I do agree about just making them all USB3 though. Might as well at this point.

I am waiting for DSLR's, Point and shoots and phones to go USB3. When that happens my life will be some much faster. Transferring pics off the SLR takes forever, lol.

More
02 Dec 2011 01:08 #21299 by garfi3ld
you can get usb 3 sd card readers ;)

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myndmelt

More
02 Dec 2011 02:11 #21303 by Myndmelt
My Western Digital 2TB ext drive is usb 3.0 and I can tell a big difference vs my usb 2.0 1 tb etx.

More
02 Dec 2011 02:12 #21304 by Wingless92
But my phone doesn't have a Micro SD card :(

Could use the USB3 card reader though :)

More
02 Dec 2011 02:14 #21306 by Wingless92

Myndmelt wrote: My Western Digital 2TB ext drive is usb 3.0 and I can tell a big difference vs my usb 2.0 1 tb etx.

uh, duh? lol. I was talking about the headers not being used on the motherboards, not the speed, lol.

Wes, what cases have USB3 headers for the I/O panel in them? Maybe I'm not looking hard enough. I know a couple of boards do but very few. Still looks like they are doing the passthrough thing.

More
02 Dec 2011 02:25 #21312 by garfi3ld

More
02 Dec 2011 02:30 #21314 by Wingless92
Kinda funny that Fractal has them out now.

I just wish it was as standard as USB2. You know, every board and every case has them.

More
02 Dec 2011 02:38 #21316 by L0rdG1gabyt3

Wingless92 wrote: I am waiting for DSLR's, Point and shoots and phones to go USB3. When that happens my life will be some much faster. Transferring pics off the SLR takes forever, lol.

Heard! I was talking with one of my Apple lover "friends" and we were chatting about what new feature should be included in the iPhone 5. I suggested USB 3.0 capabilities.... I mean, many people use their phones for just about everything right now, and with 64GB+ of storage on the things it can take awhile to backup for updates or whatever. I wonder who will do it first? Apple? Samsung? HTC? Nokia?

More
02 Dec 2011 02:42 - 02 Dec 2011 02:44 #21317 by garfi3ld
I'm not sure that they have a standard set for USB 3.0 on microUSB yet.

Edit* and Skyler it will be. USB 2.0 and USB 1.0 took a while to get full market saturation also. As the cost of USB 3.0 on both cases and motherboards goes down we will see it more. The major push will come next year when Intel finally includes in built into its chipset with Ivy Bridge

Wes
Last edit: 02 Dec 2011 02:44 by garfi3ld.

We have 1487 guests and no members online

supportus