Temporarily No Wakey Wake from Sleep Mode

More
30 Nov 2011 01:17 #21178 by Wingcmdr77
So I'm not sure if I should be worried if this is a one time thing or not? I put the computer in sleep mode a few times a day and shut it down at night... Well I resumed a session about a half hour ago, the computer seemed to make all the right noises, except it didnt produce video
on the monitor? I checked the cable, it even said it was plugged in, I unplugged it into the
other DVI connections on the other video card to see if that helped, nothing. I did two hard shut downs and nothing..? Finally unplugged it from the back and it popped back on fine.

I don't think NVIDIA beta drivers would do this would it? Using them for BF3... Should I
be worried and be looking for a new Video Card? Found nothing in Event Viewer to indicate a problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Nov 2011 02:59 #21183 by Myndmelt
Make sure the monitor is on.

Im kidding but seriously, do you have lights on your monitor letting you know you have power?

I would turn the machine off, unplug the power cable and then holding the power button to drain any residual power out. I've also seen sometimes a power cable has slipped part of the way way out of a monitor and it has a light but not enough power to do the video. I would unplug the power cable from the back of the monitor and do about the same on it. Hopefully you get it to fire up.

More
30 Nov 2011 03:40 #21185 by Wingcmdr77
Didnt need to unplug the monitor as for some reason unplugging the computer seems to have fixed it. started it up and shut down 2 more times since, this I hope phantom problem...

More
30 Nov 2011 06:10 #21187 by L0rdG1gabyt3
May be the beginnings of a failing PSU. If mine goes to sleep, or I shut it down, I have to unplug it and then back in before it will come back up.

More
30 Nov 2011 07:01 #21196 by Wingcmdr77
hmmm? psu... well its under warranty. monitor warranty expired last year. so far no more problems.

We have 1539 guests and no members online

supportus