Need help/please!!!!

More
29 Sep 2011 03:59 #20128 by Romedizzy
hi i got a problem with my desktop, i took my motherboard out to put in a new case and when i hooked up everything, my monitor is telling me i need to check my video or cable r, also noticed that when connect the power my dvd drives they had power and worked but when i hooked up my ide cables they shut right off?....i think that is related to the problem, im thinking my ide cable socket on my mobo is going out?....any advice would help thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2011 04:58 #20129 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: Need help/please!!!!
you're going to hate this, but pull everything back out. Try getting it to boot outside the case with only what it will take to make it run; CPU, memory, video card, PSU. If it works, you might have had a short.

More
29 Sep 2011 05:08 #20130 by renegade
Replied by renegade on topic Re: Need help/please!!!!
I agree with Nacelle. Pull it all out, hook up the MB to ram, cpu, video (use on board if you have it), and power supply. If it boots that way to bios you have a short and put it all back together.

Also dumb question but I had a customer do this. Did you use stand offs in the case? I have a customer bolt the MB direct to the case bottom with no stand offs and created a HUGE short. I was shocked it worked after putting it in right.

More
29 Sep 2011 05:09 #20131 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Need help/please!!!!

renegade wrote: I agree with Nacelle. Pull it all out, hook up the MB to ram, cpu, video (use on board if you have it), and power supply. If it boots that way to bios you have a short and put it all back together.

Also dumb question but I had a customer do this. Did you use stand offs in the case? I have a customer bolt the MB direct to the case bottom with no stand offs and created a HUGE short. I was shocked it worked after putting it in right.

was wondering the same thing, Ive seen that a few times

Wes

More
29 Sep 2011 05:50 #20132 by Romedizzy
Replied by Romedizzy on topic Re: Need help/please!!!!
That is something i thought about but didnt have any idea how to test a short. But to answer your question i use to use stand offs but this new case is no stand offs so, that makes a very good point, so im going to try both and let you know how it goes in the evening 2morrow....Thanks guys

More
29 Sep 2011 06:19 #20134 by garfi3ld
all cases use standoffs in some way shape or form. What case are you using? That has to be your problem

Wes

More
29 Sep 2011 07:22 #20135 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Need help/please!!!!
I would hope that it uses standoffs! If not then it's shorting through the case aka bad, lol. Like others have said, pull it out and see if it works. Hopefully it does. If it doesn't then I would think that you have fried the board.

Lets keep our fingers and toes crossed.

More
30 Sep 2011 01:24 #20156 by Romedizzy
Ok, thank you too all that posted i have fixed my pc and yes i am a noob lol. I pulled it all apart and put the stand offs in and shazam it worked again, i have never had that problem before and find it kind of funny it was so simple. when i took it apart i played around with it for 4hrs trying to find out what was wrong. I didnt think their was stand offs for this board bc the case has this lil cone like shape that when i put the stand offs in, my motherboard stood up to high for the vga and ect. plugs to fit in the plated mask.
Thanks much everyone at this every min im instailling windows 7 woot

More
30 Sep 2011 03:19 #20160 by Romedizzy
I guess i spoke to soon and now my pc is acting like it doesnt want my vga= my graphics cards installed drivers and so its saying code 10, also i my montior is a little fuzy, humm... it just isnt my week...

More
30 Sep 2011 03:24 #20161 by garfi3ld
can you post up a component list?

Wes

More
30 Sep 2011 03:52 #20162 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: Need help/please!!!!
Try an old graphics card, or try your new one in a different computer. It being fuzzy says to my you might be using an analog cable?

We have 1583 guests and no members online

supportus