WebOS

More
21 Aug 2011 19:49 #18632 by garfi3ld
WebOS was created by garfi3ld
Am I the only one who is disappointed in WebOS getting killed? I still think that its a perfect Tablet OS.

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2011 20:10 - 21 Aug 2011 20:11 #18633 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re: WebOS
never really like the Palm anything. so in my opinion not much of a loss, just thinning the herd... Next to go should be blackberry. Never had one, but everyone I troubleshoot at work, makes me never want to use it. they are some of the slowless phone/OS produced.
Last edit: 21 Aug 2011 20:11 by Plague.

More
21 Aug 2011 20:15 #18634 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: WebOS
I think that was more of a hardware issue. My experience with it was that it was a very quick OS considering the tech that it was on.

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: L0rdG1gabyt3

More
21 Aug 2011 20:22 - 21 Aug 2011 20:23 #18635 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re: WebOS

garfi3ld wrote: I think that was more of a hardware issue. My experience with it was that it was a very quick OS considering the tech that it was on.

very possible. I never really got a look as webOS until I googled it a few minutes ago, it looked a hell of alot like android with MacOS mixed in.

after reading, I saw that they announced they were going to make it run on top of windows... Microsoft is probably the reason it got killed. They don't want any OS running over top of windows. Hell they still don't like Asus BIOS OS that can run while windows is waiting to load. LOL
Last edit: 21 Aug 2011 20:23 by Plague.

More
24 Aug 2011 07:07 #18779 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re: WebOS
It sounds like it may not really be dead, but could be picked up by another company, or possibly brought back by HP if they figure out a way to make more money off of it. I think the major issue was expectations of everyone picking up HP tablets and other hardware at the snap of a finger. The economy sucks, and I think most people interested in such products have already purchased a product, and possibly returned the products after finding little usage. WebOS did some unique things, and definitely should've supplanted Blackberry from the market. Marketing is a big aspect, and offering a product that people don't already have is important.

I was quite split between getting WP7 or webOS in my next phone, but obviously that choice has been made for me now. Say what you will, but I think android and iOS just pail in comparison. Sticking clunky UI on top of a desktop OS doesn't make a good phone.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
24 Aug 2011 07:54 - 24 Aug 2011 07:55 #18783 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: WebOS

Leonresevil2 wrote: I was quite split between getting WP7 or WebOS in my next phone, but obviously that choice has been made for me now.

Ive been using a HD7 since Feb, and I really like the WP7 platform! If you haven't had a chance to play with it, hit me up at the LAN, and Ill let you check out my phone.

I have a friend who has a Pre 2 and he really loves it. From what I understand, WebOS is a really brilliant piece of software.
The few things that killed it was the length of exclusivity to Sprint, the lack of decent hardware, (phone and tablet) and the slow development cycle for apps.

Unfortunately in a market as competitive as the mobile OS one, those are exactly the factors needed to quickly kill a fledgling OS.
Last edit: 24 Aug 2011 07:55 by L0rdG1gabyt3.

We have 1307 guests and one member online

supportus