Best Android Apps

More
18 Aug 2011 05:18 #18434 by Twodavez
Best Android Apps was created by Twodavez
So i recently upgraded myself to the 21st Century by obtaining my first smart phone. The HTC Evo 4G! I must say i love it and would like to know what everyone's top 10 Android Apps are as i'm still new to the concept and everyone has their own opinion, so i'd like to know what everyone is using for Text, App management, Maps, Nav, and whatever other catagories you can think of.

And yes i already have Angry Bird, Angry Birds Rio, and Angry Birds Seasons (All the free ones)

Please make two catagories - Free & Paid

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2011 05:28 #18437 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Best Android Apps
mangler

Wes

More
18 Aug 2011 05:54 - 18 Aug 2011 06:14 #18440 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Best Android Apps
I would say 2.3 aka Gingerbread

Free

Mangler
Dragon,Fly!
PC Monitor
Amazon
Onlive Viewer
Google Music Beta
Tweetdeck
Google+
XDA
Foursquare
USA Today
Instant Buttons
Red Laser
Photoshop Express
ASTRO file manager
Duckhunt

Paid

Powerstrip
Last edit: 18 Aug 2011 06:14 by Wingless92.

More
18 Aug 2011 06:02 #18442 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Best Android Apps
Dave - If you have the EVO then your are on Sprint. Do yourself a favor and pick up the Nexus S. It is by far a much better phone overall.

The screen is just leaps and bounds better. The battery is why I got rid of my EVO. It wouldn't even last 8 hours.

If you just bought it I would take it back and look at the Nexus S. Also remember that the EVO is now pretty old and probably not going to get Ice Cream Sandwich aka the new Android version. You can root your phone to get it but pure Google aka the Nexus phones are the only ones to get.

More
18 Aug 2011 06:17 #18447 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Re: Best Android Apps
My dad has the Galaxy S and loves it.

More
18 Aug 2011 19:30 - 18 Aug 2011 19:36 #18484 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Best Android Apps
For games,

Robo Defense is a fantastic tower defense game which has a free version, and your progress carries over if you decide to upgrade. You earn points for every game you play, whether you finish it or not, and you can spend them to unlock new towers, increase starting money, improve permanent upgrades, etc.

If you like RPG's, the Zenonia series is pretty good as far as graphics, storyline and dialogue. It's kinda like a JRPG, it has those anime-looking characters, and has three different classes to choose from. There is a quest system and skill tree available as well as basic stats that you can bank when you level up. Combat is open world, just walk up to enemies and start attacking. Zenonia 1 and 2 cost $0.99 I believe, while 3 may still be free.

Pocket Legends is a fun little MMO, you can choose from three classes and take quests with other players online. The UI could use a little work, as far as finding the map and figuring out a good way to manage your inventory, and it updates all the time. It's still pretty fun and the controls really work well, and its free to play.

SpeedX 3D is an addicting race survival game that uses the accelerometer in your phone to steer your first person view out of the way of walls, holes, and other dangers on a dynamically changing course. It has several speeds which can get insane, and includes a challenge mode which resembles a story mode that eases you into all the hazards of the game. Free as well.

GameDevStory is my absolute favorite game for the Android. Its a little sim where you own your own game development studio, and you're in charge of everything from naming the games to hiring the people. You go to press releases to learn about new consoles from companies like "Intendro" and "Senga", and then can buy licenses to develop games on that new platform. You can gain a fan base, attend yearly electronic shows, and even win awards at the end of the year for your games. There is a free version, but it only lets you play for I believe two in-game years, and though it says you can port your progress over I never got it to work for mine.

Other than that (all of which are free),
Mangler
PC Monitor
ReadIt (Gawker Media News Articles)
TIKL
Revision3
Last edit: 18 Aug 2011 19:36 by Lersar.

We have 1290 guests and no members online

supportus