League of Legends

More
04 Apr 2010 00:12 - 04 Apr 2010 00:20 #3237 by Nacelle
League of Legends was created by Nacelle
Ok let's move on from DotA. It was ok, but League of Legends is free and much easier to figure out the item store. If an item you want requires 2 or more other items, they will be listed, right there. Click on what you have money for and you're on your way. If you have the money for all of them, you'll just get it. They are also organized by what they do for you; defense, attack, manna, etc. There's no running back to base when you need to heal/manna up. Just hit the recall button, wait a few sec., and you're home. Let's get at least a round or two in, this time.
Web Site
Once you've created your account, post your user name here so we can friend up. It will be easier to create a game, that day. Mine of course is Nacelle.
Last edit: 04 Apr 2010 00:20 by Nacelle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2010 01:51 #3238 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:League of Legends
I'm willing to give it a chance, but my heart has room for more than one. Variety is the spice of life.

More
04 Apr 2010 03:21 #3244 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re:League of Legends
Let me know how it goes, now that HoN is out of Closed Beta and you'll have to buy it to play it, maybe this'll be a good middle ground on this type of game, since i think most of the group is FPS and this type of game is just a good break in the action...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
04 Apr 2010 03:28 #3247 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re:League of Legends
Twodavez wrote:

Let me know how it goes, now that HoN is out of Closed Beta and you'll have to buy it to play it, maybe this'll be a good middle ground on this type of game, since i think most of the group is FPS and this type of game is just a good break in the action...

agreed

More
05 Apr 2010 03:50 #3305 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re:League of Legends
This is completely free? I would vote for this at the Lan, if it doesn't have the big unpacking and Impulse background like Demigod, the installation of the game expansion and mod for DotA, or a price! It seems like we could get most of the people into it at the lan, if it's free and quick to install.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
05 Apr 2010 10:44 #3306 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re:League of Legends
Leonresevil2 wrote:

This is completely free? I would vote for this at the Lan, if it doesn't have the big unpacking and Impulse background like Demigod, the installation of the game expansion and mod for DotA, or a price! It seems like we could get most of the people into it at the lan, if it's free and quick to install.

How they get away with free is mircotransactions. The characters you can choose from, change from week to week. But there's plenty to choose from, none-the-less. Every game you play you get points that you can use to buy one to use all the time, not just the week it's free to use. If you're impatient you can use Riot Points, which you use real money to get, to buy a particular guy. There's also other little upgrades and skins you can get with your points. They don't have much of an impact on the game. 1 percent or 2, overall. This game is upgraded a lot, but they don't change the installer as often. It would behoove everyone interested, to install and run the game before the party. That way it will have a chance to auto-patch. I don't think it'll happen very fast, the day of. It takes 15-20 min at home on Comcast. With 50 people, not so much.

More
05 Apr 2010 12:20 #3308 by Twodavez
I'm sure Wes or someone else could download the installer and put it on the file server for people to grab...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
05 Apr 2010 15:37 #3312 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:League of Legends
No offense, but did you even read his post? He said the slow part is updating, not installing.

More
05 Apr 2010 16:35 #3317 by Twodavez
I read the post and assumed that the latest installer would have the patches already solving the issueing of it taking time for everyone to download the patches and install them... Guess i should not have used the word installer and instead put "installer and patches" You'd think they'd be available for download. It's a feee game, you're going to want it very easy for people to share...

I know at Indysmash one of the guys were able to drag the updates for TF2 to save the time downloading them for a guy who recently bought the game...

More
05 Apr 2010 16:39 #3319 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re:League of Legends
I'm always up for any free game :side:

More
05 Apr 2010 16:47 #3321 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re:League of Legends
Twodavez wrote:

I read the post and assumed that the latest installer would have the patches already solving the issueing of it taking time for everyone to download the patches and install them... Guess i should not have used the word installer and instead put "installer and patches" You'd think they'd be available for download. It's a feee game, you're going to want it very easy for people to share...

I know at Indysmash one of the guys were able to drag the updates for TF2 to save the time downloading them for a guy who recently bought the game...

Ah, gotcha. It's never a good idea to assume an installer has the latest patches, though. I'd say they usually don't, in my experience, even if they're recent.

More
05 Apr 2010 20:54 #3351 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re:League of Legends
Im going to check it out. The reason we went with DOTA is because we have a drag and drop. No installation or updates needed

Wes

More
05 Apr 2010 21:19 #3354 by vialdragon
Replied by vialdragon on topic Re:League of Legends
I'm downloading as soon as my net loads the page.. on a side not Heros of Newerth is in open beta. as opposed to closed beta. check it out if you haven't already.

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

More
05 Apr 2010 22:04 #3356 by Nacelle
Twodavez wrote:

I tried that with LoL, didn't work. Has to install the patches it's own way.

More
05 Apr 2010 22:34 #3360 by Twodavez
i thought it might be worth a shot...

More
06 Apr 2010 20:04 #3408 by vialdragon
Replied by vialdragon on topic Re:League of Legends
user name vialdragon per usual

If you can't amaze them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

More
07 Apr 2010 05:24 #3431 by Leonresevil2
Dreyvas wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

Ah, gotcha. It's never a good idea to assume an installer has the latest patches, though. I'd say they usually don't, in my experience, even if they're recent.

Agreed, don't expect installers to be up to date. Found that out the hard annoying way with Steam, on dial-up, to install a game I had the disc for. Downloads, updates, updates, updates, just to install. I will be on high-speed the day before the lan, so I intend to patch every game that we will be using patched forms of (so not TQ or UT). Hopefully most people can do something similar so we are on level ground to start quick.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
14 Apr 2010 19:09 #3761 by Leonresevil2
No mean to dp, but I got on and my username is leonresevil2 for LoL. Didn't know what the difference was between user and summoner name, so I made both the same.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
14 Apr 2010 21:28 #3776 by Shroud
Replied by Shroud on topic Re:League of Legends
Wow, you really don't want to play DoTA do you? :laugh:

More
14 Apr 2010 23:03 #3782 by Nacelle
Not when the game is basically the same but better. Even the map is the same.

We have 2273 guests and one member online

supportus