I didn’t just run a few basic tests and then finish up. I was also curious about how the Elite kit would overclock. For this I set the memory voltage at 1.45 volts. I do this on all memory when testing overclocking for consistently and also to make sure we don’t do any long term damage. I then slowly worked up through the clock speeds, booting up to confirm it worked and running a basic test to make sure before going higher. I started at 4333 MHz and had good luck up through 4533 MHz. 4666 MHz didn’t boot at all so I came back down to 4600 MHz and it booted but would crash when running tests. This put me at 4533 MHz as my stable clock. I then went back through my original tests again with the overclock to see what kind of improvement I would see.
The big overclock was enough to jump over the Viper Steel kit on the AIDA64 Read test. More importantly the gap between the stock kit and the overclocked kit was huge in the copy test. Latency also had a significant drop, going from 78.2 ns to 73.2 ns! In Cinebench this helped a lot in the single-core test but didn’t really show up with the multi-core test. It was also a huge jump in Passmark’s Performance Test 9, but still not enough to catch up with that fluky Trident kit. Overall I didn’t have any noticeable issues in my testing at that clock speed but had big performance increases in the tests. My last Ballistix Elite kit overclocked okay, but this kit was very impressive!