Rennes, August 31, 2021 — Thrustmaster is thrilled to finally lift the veil of secrecy surrounding its very first next-generation hybrid racing wheel, specially designed to master all types of tracks.The new optimized HYBRID DRIVE system combines both belt and gear mechanisms, for unrivaled Force Feedback at an affordable price.
T248 also boasts increased power: it is 70% more powerful**, while also offering cutting-edge new features including three Force Feedback presets that can conveniently be changed on the fly in games.
T248 has been designed for gamers looking for performance and immersion — including those keen to free themselves from their gamepad and users who want to take their racing to the next level after having started out with a wheel aimed at beginners. This brand-new racing wheel is officially licensed for PlayStation®5 consoles and PlayStation®4 consoles and is compatible with PC*.
The new master of each track
T248 allows for quick and efficient mastery by users in all racing games, thanks to the wide variety of advanced features developed exclusively for Thrustmaster’s latest powerhouse:
- Thrustmaster Race Dashboard Display:
Choose from more than 20 different displays*** available onscreen:
- Manual adjustment of a range of settings: the wheel's rotation angle, Force Feedback type, etc.
- The user’s choice of telemetry displays: gear ratio, speed, number of laps, driver’s position, best time, etc.
- Dynamic Force Feedback:
Users can easily adjust the level of Force Feedback on the fly. T248 features three Force Feedback curves (presets included) compatible with all games:
- FFB 1: linear Force Feedback, with the force felt by the user being 100% proportional to the force requested by the game.
- FFB 2: enhanced Force Feedback, for better skid control.
- FFB 3: boosted Force Feedback, allowing users to 'to more clearly feel the tiny minutia of each racing effect from the track (Curbs, skidding off-track, etc.).
- Next-generation Thrustmaster HYBRID DRIVE system:
T248 is currently the only officially licensed racing wheel in its price segment to feature a belt in addition to gears, as an integral part of its unique high-performance hybrid mechanism.
Allowing gamers to enjoy increased power (up to 70% more powerful**), T248 masters each track thanks to the outstanding level of drivability made possible by this hybrid system — avoiding counterintuitive sensations and friction problems commonly found in racing wheels without the additional belt drive component.
- H.E.A.R.T magnetic technology (with Hall effect sensors):
Built into two key components directly linked to gameplay, this technology helps to enhance gamers’ precision in all games, while eliminating any possible dead zones.
- The magnetic paddle shifters included with T248 allow for super-fast gear shifting, with clear and precise activation feel (30 ms response time) to avoid driving errors. This contactless magnetic technology also maximizes the paddle shifters’ lifespan, for problem-free gaming sessions over the long term.
- The brand-new included T3PM pedal set — the icing on the cake — also features this same proprietary, patented H.E.A.R.T magnetic technology.
Providing truly exceptional, thousandth-of-a-second precision, T3PM features 4 different spring configurations allowing gamers to race comfortably — and with the same level of precision — no matter what type of setup they’re using (desk/table, cockpit or Wheel Stands ). With completely smooth motion and avoiding the loss of precision over time experienced by standard potentiometer-based pedal sets, T3PM represents a huge, striking leap forward both in terms of versatility and in-game responsiveness.
- Up to 25 action buttons: nearly twice as many as on previous Thrustmaster hybrid racing wheel models**.
- Officially licensed for PS5™ and PS4™ consoles, and compatible with PC*: officially recognized as a next-generation racing wheel developed and designed for the PlayStation®5 console and PlayStation®4 console, T248 is also compatible with PC*.
T248 (racing wheel and pedal set) will be available at suggested retail prices of £299.99 / $399.99 / €349.99:
- Europe, Middle East, North America:
- Pre-orders : August 31, 2021
- Sales availability: October 21, 2021
- Rest of the world: Late 2021