Rennes, April 20, 2021 — Celebrating the long-standing partnership and launching the new season, Thrustmaster is thrilled to unveil its new Ferrari wheel, the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition: a gaming replica of the wheel found in the world-famous Ferrari SF1000.
Based on the real wheel of the single-seater race car in which Scuderia Ferrari marked its 1,000th Grand Prix during the 2020 season, Thrustmaster has designed a replica worthy of the event. Featuring a variety of innovations and technical tours de force which represent a new level of achievement for the company, the wheel provides a truly cutting-edge racing experience for owners of a Thrustmaster T-Series base* and helps them completely own the race.
Having listened closely to the Scuderia Ferrari community, Thrustmaster is excited for this product to delight fans as well as racing enthusiasts and gamers keen to discover the world of Ferrari through this replica of the SF1000 wheel.
World Premiere: Clear and Intuitive Interactive Race Dash
This replica features a 4.3” / 109 mm interactive screen along with 21 LEDs, natively connected or wirelessly connected (via Wi-Fi). The screen allows for display of up to 69 items of information, with different designs for the type of game being played or car being driven. The LED display is composed of 15 LEDs for the engine speed, and 6 LEDs for marshal flags.
For the wheel’s launch, Thrustmaster has introduced native integration of the screen in the game F1® 2020 from Codemasters on PS4™, PS5™ and PC. Xbox One® and Xbox Series X|S® users can enjoy the screen in the game thanks to the wireless telemetry connectivity by configuring the wheel via the Thrustmaster TM Connect Web platform**.
The most up-to-date Feeling of Immersion and Realism
In addition to its elegance, the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition is also an incredibly powerful tool that prioritizes performance. Following Scuderia Ferrari’s commitment to constant innovation and excellence, the wheel incorporates several features designed to reach the highest levels:
- 100% carbon fiber faceplate combining firmness with a lightweight design, for accurate, perfectly-balanced Force Feedback and enhanced racing control.
- Textured rubber grips for exceptional racing comfort, allowing users to remain highly focused throughout long gaming sessions.
- 11 physical action buttons (up to 25 in total) with a firm feel, to avoid inadvertent activation, plus 7 encoders (including 2 thumbwheels) — 5 more than were available on the previous Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On.
- 100% aluminum paddle shifters featuring both push/pull and magnetic technologies, for clear, precise activation in order to help avoid driving errors, and allowing for an unlimited lifespan.
- 2 alternative, customizable analog paddle shifters.
Interchangeable Paddle Shifters
The Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition is one of the most versatile wheels ever designed for sim racing, thanks in part to the ability to swap out its main rear paddle shifters. For even smoother gear shifting (bounce time of less than 5 milliseconds), the T-Chrono Paddles paddle shifters (sold separately) are a great alternative providing a different feeling that could help some drivers to shave valuable milliseconds off lap times.
The magnetic transmission made possible by these alternative paddle shifters, which include gold-plated silver contact switches, ensures even lower contact resistance and provides a super-responsive gear shifting feel that is completely unrivaled.
Thrustmaster Racing Ecosystem-Ready
Like its predecessor the Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On, launched in 2011, the Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition features the Thrustmaster quick release system: the wheel was developed to be compatible with Thrustmaster T-Series bases* (excluding the T500RS).
The Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition is therefore fully compatible with the following racing wheel bases: TS-PC Racer, T-GT Servo Base, TS-XW Servo Base, TX Racing Wheel Servo Base and T300 Racing Wheel Servo Base.
Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition box contents
- 1 x Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition steering wheel
- 1 x magnetic paddle shifters + 4 x attachment screws
- 1 x “Welcome to the Thrustmaster Club” flyer
- 1 x USB-C cable (15.8” / 400 mm)
- 1 x Allen key
- 1 x quick start guide
- 1 x warranty information flyer
The Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition and the interchangeable T-Chrono Paddles paddle shifters will be available at the Thrustmaster Shop and at major resellers as of the following dates:
- European commercial availability: April 20, 2021
- APAC commercial availability: May 18, 2021
- Commercial availability in the rest of the world: August 26, 2021
The Formula Wheel Add-On Ferrari SF1000 Edition, the new flagship in Thrustmaster’s racing ecosystem, will be available at suggested retail prices of £329.99 / $349.99 / €349.99.
The T-Chrono Paddles, the alternative option available for this new wheel, will be available at suggested retail prices of £54.99 / $69.99 / €59.99.