ANAHEIM, Calif. – October 16, 2017 – Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, today announced the launch of the new Multy X AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System. Multy X is a powerful, high-performance whole-home WiFi Mesh system designed to provide fast, reliable WiFi coverage throughout the home.
Multy X makes it fast and easy for users to set up and manage a high-performance WiFi network using a simple, intuitive smartphone app. The Multy X system, which comes standard with two long-range nodes that provide wall-to-wall coverage throughout homes up to 5,000 square feet, is a tri-band solution that uses the third band for the overhead communications between nodes, ensuring full bandwidth on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands to maximize the bandwidth to connected devices.
Key Features and Benefits of Multy X
- WiFi Mesh Network Technology – Mesh technology eliminates WiFi deadspots and delivers seamless coverage throughout the home. Multy X creates a single wireless network name and password allowing devices to automatically connect to the nearest Multy X node, allowing free roaming with optimum network performance throughout the home. Multy X nodes work together as a single network to deliver full bandwidth and speed to the connected devices.
- Tri-Band Maximizes Network Performance – Unlike dual-band mesh networking solutions, Multy X is a tri-band solution that uses a dedicated 5 GHz band for the overhead communications between the nodes. This ensures that devices connected on the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands receive the maximum bandwidth for optimal performance and reliability.
- Advance Antenna Technology – Each Multy X node combines four internal antennas with MU-MIMO technology to deliver the fastest possible speeds to multiple devices simultaneously over extended ranges throughout the home.
- Easy Setup and Network Management – The simple, intuitive Multy X app for iOS- and Android-based smartphones enables users to set up the network in a matter of minutes, puish over-the-air firmware updates, create temporary guest WiFi access, and pause WiFi access on a per-user basis. Voice control through the Amazon Alexa service makes it even easier to manage the Multy X home network.
- Clean, Unobtrusive Design – Housed in an attractive, all-white casing, Multy X reflects simplicity and purity allowing it to blend into the environment, not become a focal point. Integrated ventilation lets heat escape continuously, enabling optimal performance without throttling.
“The exponential adoption of IoT devices in the home and the transition of digital content from computers to mobile devices has driven the need for fast, reliable WiFi coverage to all corners of the home,” explained Shawn Rogers, Market Development Manager at Zyxel. “Our high-performance Multy X solution makes it quick and easy for consumers to upgrade their WiFi network to a next-generation infrastructure that will optimize their network and allow them to enjoy their connected applications as they were meant to be experienced. In addition to a high-speed, whole-home network, Multy X also gives users more control over their networks and literally puts it in the palm of their hands.”
The Zyxel Multy X AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System carries a standard 2-year consumer warranty and is available now through all Zyxel authorized resellers and e-Commerce partners at a street price of $299.99. For more information on Zyxel and its families of connectivity solutions for homes and businesses, visit www.zyxel.com/us and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Zyxel, a pioneer in IP technology for over two decades and trusted brand for over 25 years, provides a complete portfolio of multi-service LTE, fiber and DSL broadband gateways, home connectivity solutions, smart home devices and enterprise-class Ethernet switches, security and Wi-Fi equipment for small to mid-size businesses. Zyxel offers integrated, interoperable network solutions based on open standards. Headquartered in Anaheim, California, Zyxel offers its partners service-rich solutions backed by a domestic team of logistic, sales, and technical support professionals