Game Format: Normal Team Format: Random Team Size: 5 Team limit: 12 Map: - Round 1: Blackhearts Bay - Round 2: Cursed Hallow - Round 3 (Semi-Finals): Dragon Shire - Round 4 (Finals): Battlefield of Eternity
Tournament format will be Normal on specific maps (listed above). A team captain will be selected prior to each match who will be responsible for arranging a custom lobby with the appropriate settings. Once the lobby has been assembled and a staff member has verified all participants as ready, the match will begin with Champion Select. Team will communicate and take turns banning three champions each, followed by champion selection.
The tournaments will be played using the latest release patch. If you intended to participate, please ensure you have Heroes of the Storm downloaded and updated to the latest patch prior to the event.
Sign-up will take place at the event through the ALP. This is a local control panel that is available via web for everyone. If you have additional questions please contact a member of staff prior to or at the event.
For Random, players signed up for the tournament on the ALP will be randomly shuffled to teams by staff.
Date and Time:
01:00 pm Sunday Heroes of the Storm Random Teams Tournament Starts
Sign-up deadline will be listed on the schedule time before the tournament begins. Once the deadline passes, sign-up for the tournament will be locked. During this time, staff will generate the brackets and communicate with the teams regarding matchmaking arrangement. In the case of random teams, team rosters will also be created as soon as possible to allow maximum communication time before the tournament begins.
Standard LanOC tournament rules apply, including:
1. Attempting to cheat or do harm in any way will result in disqualification.
2. Failure to report for matchmaking within a reasonable amount of time, as determined by staff, will result in disqualification from the tournament. In the event of a team tournament, it will be up to the remaining members to decide whether to forfeit or compete without the tardy/absent player.
3. Pausing/timeouts are dictated entirely by the design of the game mode. If the game does not support or allow it, no custom pauses or timeouts will be allowed.
4. If a player is experiencing hardware or network problems, the match may be restarted within three minutes of its start.
5. If a player(s) experience any issue related to LAN equipment (Power, network switches, etc.) the match will be restarted.
6. In the event of Internet server issues, game is subject to change at the event.
NOTE: Rules are subject to change before the event