V13 Building Damage

More
23 Sep 2013 22:54 #32898 by garfi3ld
V13 Building Damage was created by garfi3ld
I've been so busy that I haven't been able to post about this but I wanted to let everyone know about this.

When I followed up on the building the day after the LAN they pointed out a couple things that happened.

First one of the tables on the prize table/staff side of the building. I know where the table ended up, but some of the tables over there were moved around so I can't pinpoint where it was specifically. I do want to ask to see if anyone saw this happen and can point us in the right direction. Its not a big cost, but we do have to replace the table for the building and it would be really great if the person who did the damage considered picking up the cost. You would get to keep the damaged table.

Second we had damage to the buildings carpet in the pool table area. I can only guess that this happened while we were doing cleanup. I'm still waiting to hear back on what its going to take to repair or handle this issue. Again if anyone knows anything about what happened here please let me know.

If nothing else I wanted to remind everyone for the next LAN to be careful, we are responsible for damage to the building at the end of the day and at the end of the day we would rather put any extra money back into the LAN with cool equipment to improve the event.

Wes
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2013 00:01 #32902 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic V13 Building Damage
I can't say who did seeing as i didn't make it but in the first pic is that scratches?

More
24 Sep 2013 00:07 #32904 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic V13 Building Damage
deep gouges, the photo doesn't really show it that well as I only had my phone on me. I don't think someone did it intentionally at all, most likely their PC cut into the table when moving it around.

With that I have an idea on who I think it was, but I don't want to go pointing fingers or anything at all.

Wes

More
24 Sep 2013 00:35 #32905 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic V13 Building Damage

garfi3ld wrote: deep gouges, the photo doesn't really show it that well as I only had my phone on me. I don't think someone did it intentionally at all, most likely their PC cut into the table when moving it around.

With that I have an idea on who I think it was, but I don't want to go pointing fingers or anything at all.

If you have an idea, maybe a friendly PM to that person might get it taken care of. If it was me, i had no idea it happened... With as quickly as people tore down, it is a possibility that that person didn't realize they even did the damage. PM who you think it might've been and ask them if it could've been them. I know alot of people don't check the forums, but they might have PM notification sent to their email box. Otherwise it's like standing in front of a company and talking to everyone about being careful when really you're just trying to get the message across to one person.

Also, what's the deal with the carpet? It almost looks like normal wear from people walking, but again i understand it's hard to picture using your phone. That carpet comes up easily as it's just sticky on one side (we have the same thing at work and the older it gets, the more it peels up/splits)...
Overall

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
24 Sep 2013 01:14 #32910 by garfi3ld
The carpet isn't pulling up, it has a melted spot across it from something being dragged across it.

As for posting up on here about the other issue. As I said, I only have an idea. I wanted to see if anyone saw anything not to mention I wanted to remind everyone that damage can happen and that we need to be careful.

Wes

More
24 Sep 2013 02:11 #32916 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic V13 Building Damage
After something like this happening, I think you should take a nice new vid cam and walk around all the common areas to get a before shot. In case something like that floor spot may have been there before. Even after what I read it still seems suspect. Just wondering if this may help future issues covering are arse.

The table, i'd agree it looks like case damage or related to the LAN.

More
24 Sep 2013 02:36 #32917 by garfi3ld
With all of the pictures we normally take during setup we are normally good. The floor issue and the table were both not like that before the event. I can confirm that, so it is on us to handle it.

Wes

We have 2169 guests and no members online

supportus