Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 and Noctua NH-L12S

More
27 Jun 2018 12:58 #38538 by garfi3ld
Product Names: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 and Noctua NH-L12S
Review Sample...

Last fall I spent weeks testing and retesting a whole collection of ITX focused heatsinks that had AM4 support. At the time the first ITX boards were just coming out and a lot of the coolers didn’t support the new socket and those that did most people didn’t know how they would perform when packing 6 and 8 core CPUs into the form factor. I highly recommend everyone check out the article. Well, not to long after that Noctua introduced two more heatsinks and I’ve been wanting to see how they compare. I finally got around to it and today we are going to check out the NH-L12S and the NH-L9a-AM4.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2018 20:15 #38539 by VaporX
While this shows that both Noctua coolers work well I think an important take away is how well the Wraith and Spire coolers performed. AMD has done a great job with stock coolers and have delivered something that makes buying a third party cooler somewhat less a priority to a good gaming build.

More
29 Jun 2018 15:45 #38540 by garfi3ld
Oh for sure, I actually talked a lot about that in my original Ryzen ITX coolers review. None of them would really work with a tiny SFF, but if you have just a little more room they are some of the best coolers available.

Wes

We have 2118 guests and no members online

supportus