Asus Maximus VII Impact

More
24 Nov 2014 11:05 #35903 by garfi3ld

When it comes to Mini-ITX motherboards people are going to have a wide range of feature requirements. For some, as long as it supports their CPU and it has a x16 PCIe slot they are good to go. Others want to have a lot of the features they would find in their full sized builds including wireless AC, different storage connection options, and even upgraded audio. Personally I have been on both sides. When I’m building a budget Mini-ITX build I can skip out on the features but when I’m building a crazy LAN rig like the build we put in the In Win D-Frame Mini only the best will do. Asus continues to impress me with their drive to pack anything and everything into their Impact boards. Well today I’m going to take a look at the latest one, the Maximus VII Impact. This is officially the second Impact board, based on the Z97 chipset. Is this the perfect LAN rig motherboard? Let’s find out.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Nov 2014 06:29 #35904 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Asus Maximus VII Impact
Before Thanksgiving week gets in full swing I take a look at Asus's top of the line Mini-ITX Z97 motherboard. This is one of a few reviews of components going in a new project LAN build. Check it out!

Wes

More
26 Nov 2014 04:39 - 26 Nov 2014 04:43 #35905 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Asus Maximus VII Impact
Wow it looks like they have changed very little since the Maximus VI Impact which is what I have in my LAN box. The software and bios look more advanced. Also I really like the way that red hyperx looks on that board.
Last edit: 26 Nov 2014 04:43 by Myndmelt.

More
26 Nov 2014 05:16 #35907 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Asus Maximus VII Impact
yeah this isn't a big change, just improvements on the original design along with the new Z97 chipset that is also only a small change from Z87 lol

Wes

We have 1653 guests and no members online

supportus