I found this to be an interesting read about EA

More
22 Jun 2012 19:15 #25865 by garfi3ld

Two stock market stories have captured the attention of the games industry in recent months - the weak post-IPO performance of Zynga, and the dramatic bellyflop of THQ, whose shares have lost 80 per cent of their value over the past 12 months. Against that backdrop, few people seem to have noticed what's happening to Electronic Arts' valuation - yet a quick glance at EA's performance reveals a worrying situation and suggests a tough time ahead for the company which used to be the industry's biggest third-party publisher.

Link to the source, check it out for the full article 

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2012 19:22 #25866 by garfi3ld
Things don't look very good over in the EA camp

Wes

More
22 Jun 2012 20:52 #25867 by Wooderson
Well if it gets to tight around there they could always sell there games on Steam. I seriously doubt that would help them much, but it sure would make me happy. :P

I kill CPU's

More
23 Jun 2012 00:04 - 23 Jun 2012 00:05 #25871 by Wingcmdr77
better hold onto your tried and true games that you like that have been around a year or two and have most of the bugs out. :)

I dunno, they took a leap of faith on Origin, maybe it hurt them. Perhaps going back to Steam might help them?
Last edit: 23 Jun 2012 00:05 by Wingcmdr77.

More
23 Jun 2012 00:15 #25872 by drpain
If they stop buying up developers and throwing money at marketing for mediocre crap than I'm sure they wouldn't be this bad off.

Looking at you Star Wars The Old Republic......

Also...I'm not sure if you guys are like me but I'm getting tired of rehashed crap or games that were once great turned into a clone of another game to try and grab those players and after seeing this years E3 it isn't look to good for me at least.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas
The following user(s) said Thank You: Myndmelt

More
23 Jun 2012 01:27 #25874 by garfi3ld

More
23 Jun 2012 10:24 #25875 by Leonresevil2
I've heard the same things about Activision. A lot of the big games have been pretty stagnant. Several saturated genres (FPS, MMO) and weak ideas don't help.

As long as Valve is doing well along with the indie devs.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 2035 guests and no members online

supportus