Dreamhacks amazing internet connection

More
18 Jun 2012 19:00 #25777 by garfi3ld

Most of you are aware but this weekend (and until tomorrow) is Dreamhack, the worlds largest LAN party. I came across an interesting page where you can track their live bandwidth usage. Everyone should take a peak at this. They are tracking a bunch of different variables. One that I find interesting is the breakdown comparing traffic between WoW, HoN, SC2, LoL, D3, and COD BLOPS. 

http://dashboard.dreamhack.se/

dddds

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2012 19:07 #25778 by garfi3ld
Everyone should check this out

Wes

More
18 Jun 2012 20:20 #25781 by Twodavez
I like how they have a World Record indicator. Do you think they're being a country that allows Pirating that they are a little more lax on the traffic they allow, and also have more bandwidth for people to use?

And has anyone ever priced out what it would take to go to the WORLD's largest LAN!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
18 Jun 2012 21:08 #25785 by garfi3ld
I have always wanted to go, but the flights alone wouldn't be cheap. Not to mention trying to figure out how to get your PC there

Wes

More
18 Jun 2012 21:29 - 18 Jun 2012 22:03 #25787 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: I have always wanted to go, but the flights alone wouldn't be cheap. Not to mention trying to figure out how to get your PC there

Well you've shipped your PC to enough places (or taken a Laptop) what's the cost of shipping a PC? i'd suggest just buying a monitor over there and either absorbing that into the cost,or just lookign into the cost to ship it back, or return it for a 15% restocking fee ;-)
You'd think with a LAN of this size, they'd let you rent a PC for the time the LAN is going to allow people to travel for the gaming and fun. Then just take a TB or two external HD's for new information obtained while there. I'd imagine the file sharing is pretty good over there. They're all about freedoms!

A quick travelocity search shows about $1,500 per person for the flight and double occupancy room.

It's only a 34 hour travel time each way!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 18 Jun 2012 22:03 by Twodavez.

More
18 Jun 2012 21:54 #25790 by garfi3ld
yeah I have taken my laptop, but its dead right now :(

Wes

More
18 Jun 2012 23:07 #25792 by renegade
You 20" is dead? What happened to it?

More
19 Jun 2012 02:05 #25796 by garfi3ld
long story short, a cup developed a crack and ran down the table dripping right into the edge of my laptop.

It works but has problems, enough that its not functional enough to use for anything right now.

Wes

More
19 Jun 2012 08:44 - 19 Jun 2012 08:46 #25802 by Wingcmdr77

garfi3ld wrote: long story short, a cup developed a crack and ran down the table dripping right into the edge of my laptop.

It works but has problems, enough that its not functional enough to use for anything right now.

All though its a loose connection, it involves a watery death of a laptop.

Makes you feel any better I warned my wife enough times to keep liquids away from her laptop, It's croaked about a year ago because of pretty the same thing. So she uses mine with the "understanding no food or drink near it" although that one of those pick your battles with your spouse deal. Hard to enforce. ;)

you live and you learn. :)

Least I get my PSU back from Corsair to get my main rig going again in the next couple of days.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2012 08:46 by Wingcmdr77.

More
20 Jun 2012 08:06 #25817 by L0rdG1gabyt3
While it may be cute... I had to stop this the other day....

I now return you to your normally discussed topic...

Yeah! Dreamhack! Whoo! Huge internet!

We have 1863 guests and no members online

supportus