Snoop a pc gamer?

More
13 Jun 2012 19:20 #25664 by garfi3ld
Snoop a pc gamer? was created by garfi3ld

Last night I saw an interesting pair of pictures from the guys over at Maingear. It looks like they paid Snoop Dog a visit to install and setup his MAINGEAR F131 w/ NVIDIA 3D Vision. As it turns out Snoop is a bit of a PC gamer, indulging in a little Battlefield 3 in 3D when given the chance.  The custom green color isn't a shock at all considering its for Snoop. If you look close you can see an awful lot of smoke in the pictures as well, that table covered in munchies isn't going to eat itself. When money is no object like with Snoop, going with a custom PC from a boutique builder like Maingear is the perfect solution. Not only do you get the best rig, but you also get very personal service. In this case, the CEO of maingear stopping by himself. As for the PC itself, I'm told he is sporting Ivy Bridge and a GTX 680 along with an Nvidia 3D Vision 2 kit. 

196169 10150856998710881_710999588_n

534099 10150856992895881_235542486_n

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2012 19:39 #25665 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Snoop a pc gamer?
Snoop a gamer?

Wes

More
13 Jun 2012 19:57 - 13 Jun 2012 19:58 #25666 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: Snoop a pc gamer?
For the right price, i'm sure he'd be the voice of the kind in the newest "My Little Pony" movie! :huh:

Do you so quickly forget Ozzy's WoW character along with all of the other celeb's who were in those commercials too?

And from what i've seen about the "rap/R&B" community, they enjoy their video games, so having a good PC, i'm sure ranks up there too. Now is he really going to use the 3-D and show off the case on his office desk, or will he wire it to his 60" LED screen and run Hulu off of it? ;)

Also, the large amounts of non-PC friendly snacks in the background... lots of Ruffles and Lays BBQ chips. Maybe Gamer Grub should've gotten involved. Nothing like getting the munchies during a gaming session! :woohoo:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
Last edit: 13 Jun 2012 19:58 by Twodavez.

More
13 Jun 2012 20:14 #25667 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re: Snoop a pc gamer?
Poser
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wingcmdr77

More
13 Jun 2012 20:37 #25668 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Snoop a pc gamer?
lol considering his amount of free time, he might game more than any of us

Wes

More
13 Jun 2012 20:45 #25669 by Twodavez

garfi3ld wrote: lol considering his amount of free time, he might game more than any of us

While this may be true, i would be willing to bet, considering all the label work he does, signing new artists, producing their stuff, recording his own stuff, going on tour, and everything else that comes along with being a celebrity, i'd say he struggles to find enough time to game like the rest of us.

Maybe we should start inviting him to LAN OC's events so he, like the rest of us, can get some heavy gaming in without the stressers of life and family in the other room. he might be crazy enough to actually show up!

"Hey Snoop,
Can we call you Snoop? We over at LAN OC saw your new rig and thought you might be looking for a good place to show it off. Could we suggest coming to one of our LAN parties. The next one is ____ as we'd love to see your BF3 skills in action. Here's our website if you'd like to check out the event. We might even be willing to offer you a celebrity discount if you wanted to check us out.
Thanks,
LAN OC"
B)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
13 Jun 2012 23:08 - 13 Jun 2012 23:10 #25680 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: Snoop a pc gamer?
He plays video games? This guy should get a life. Probably a virgin!

Sorry, I'm just sick of seeing that comment in every video game related news story I've read lately. I thought given his lifestyle it'd be a funny satire.
Last edit: 13 Jun 2012 23:10 by Lersar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld, Arxon, Wingcmdr77

More
14 Jun 2012 00:00 #25686 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Re: Snoop a pc gamer?
I bet the kids who make that comment are virgins themselves.

More
14 Jun 2012 10:03 - 14 Jun 2012 10:05 #25704 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Re: Snoop a pc gamer?
based on his arrest record/ via the internet, etc. you sure that smoky fog/ mist is from what they say it's from. It's snoop after all...... B)

actually I find no mention as to what the smoky/fog is. lol. I'm going to assume it's "cigarette smoke" but it leaves to the imagination as mentioned above.
Last edit: 14 Jun 2012 10:05 by Wingcmdr77.

More
14 Jun 2012 16:13 #25707 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Re: Snoop a pc gamer?
Just by the way he is even sitting in that 2nd pic, tells me hes not a PC gamer.

More
14 Jun 2012 16:14 - 14 Jun 2012 16:15 #25708 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Re: Snoop a pc gamer?

Wingcmdr77 wrote: based on his arrest record/ via the internet, etc. you sure that smoky fog/ mist is from what they say it's from. It's snoop after all...... B)

actually I find no mention as to what the smoky/fog is. lol. I'm going to assume it's "cigarette smoke" but it leaves to the imagination as mentioned above.

In the portion of the article quoted above it says "The custom green color isn't a shock at all considering its for Snoop. If you look close you can see an awful lot of smoke in the pictures as well, that table covered in munchies isn't going to eat itself." ps..You ever heard a snoop dogg song?
Last edit: 14 Jun 2012 16:15 by Myndmelt.

More
14 Jun 2012 17:41 #25711 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re: Snoop a pc gamer?
Dem eyes.......perma high eyes hahaha.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

More
14 Jun 2012 17:55 - 14 Jun 2012 17:56 #25713 by Twodavez

Myndmelt wrote: Just by the way he is even sitting in that 2nd pic, tells me hes not a PC gamer.

Considering he has the 3-D glasses on and it's a brand new PC, i'd assume he's sitting like that becausue he's watching the game intro or a movie...

So the phrase don't hate the player hate the Gamer wouldn't really work here would it? Although Gamer's Gonna Hate seems appropriate! ha ha :P

Last edit: 14 Jun 2012 17:56 by Twodavez.

We have 1549 guests and no members online

supportus