ROCCAT Asks “Isn’t PC Gaming Dead?

More
22 Feb 2012 02:12 #23169 by Koolaid84

Does PC gaming need a doctor? Does it need an undertaker? German Gaming Manufacturer Challenges Fans to Give Opinions, Launches Countdown Leading to Big Announcement

Hamburg, February 21, 2012 – With the headline "Isn't PC Gaming Dead?" emblazoned across the screen, German gaming peripherals manufacturer, ROCCAT Studios, today unveiled a website where they ask for fans' opinions on the state of PC gaming.

Read more...

Enjoy life. There's plenty of time to be dead. --Anon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2012 03:41 #23170 by Arxon
Consoles can't even compare to pc gaming.

More
23 Feb 2012 03:45 - 23 Feb 2012 03:45 #23171 by Hasbeen

Arxon wrote: Consoles can't even compare to pc gaming.

I'd agree with you on that. I always disliked consoles and the games, which probably has something to do with me never being any decent at them. Today, I still suck at games but not so much. I certainly wouldn't consider buy a console ever again.
Last edit: 23 Feb 2012 03:45 by Hasbeen.

More
23 Feb 2012 04:39 #23179 by Nacelle
The gaming podcasts I listen to used to mostly talk about the console games they played. Now it's a rarity when they do. It's only when it's not available on the PC.

More
23 Feb 2012 04:40 #23180 by Lersar

Nacelle wrote: It's only when it's not available on the PC.

More
23 Feb 2012 04:42 #23183 by garfi3ld
I'm all pc all the way but you guys have to remember we are in the middle of the PC swing. When new consoles come out things will swing back to console partly, until they are out of date again lol

Wes

More
23 Feb 2012 04:52 #23186 by Hasbeen

garfi3ld wrote: I'm all pc all the way but you guys have to remember we are in the middle of the PC swing. When new consoles come out things will swing back to console partly, until they are out of date again lol

There aint gonna be no new consoles, unless they come out before the world ends just before Christmas. Which reminds me I'm gonna have to get my list in early this year :laugh:

More
23 Feb 2012 05:19 #23187 by Wingless92
PC gaming = backward compatibility forever. I can still play games that were released 10 or more plus years ago. Can't do that with an PS3 unless it's on the PSN store.

TV's are for watching TV and movies, not gaming on but that's me and i'm old.

More
23 Feb 2012 05:33 #23189 by garfi3ld
i would argue the exact opposite. Console games always work, you don't have to worry about having a good enough video card or the correct drivers.

but like I said before, im a pc guy lol

Wes

More
23 Feb 2012 05:51 #23190 by Wingless92
Kinda agree. You can get away with a pretty low spec computer to play games on. The problem is some of us want all the eye candy turned up to max.

The driver issue has really been a non issue for me. Sure, i'm waiting for the SLi patch for Alan Wake but that's cause I want to play with all settings on max. The drivers do play an important role but if you are on a older GPU most of the time it really doesn't matter to update. I could always be wrong though.

Take what a say with a bucket of salt, lol.

More
23 Feb 2012 06:07 #23191 by Davey_Boy
You can't replace my Keyboard and Mouse with a fuckin remote!!!

More
23 Feb 2012 06:27 #23192 by Wingless92

Davey_Boy wrote: You can't replace my Keyboard and Mouse with a fuckin remote!!!

Ok, i'll bite, that was funny as shit.

More
23 Feb 2012 08:18 #23194 by Wooderson
I still remember IGN having a article titled "Is PC gaming dead?" about 6 or 7 years ago. That question always piss me off a little. I believe PC is the driving innovative force in all of gaming. I also agree PC is one an upswing due to powerful hardware, good games (like The Witcher 2), free MMORPGs, and Steam. PC encompasses all of the genres making it the most versatile of all the platforms. In a year or two the new consoles will be out and (in my opinion) there will be a shift in PC's popularity. All the young kids will run out and buy buy buy, But grown up gamer will still be on PC.

I kill CPU's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

We have 1405 guests and one member online

supportus