Thermaltake Meka G Unit

More
25 Jan 2012 18:29 #22324 by Lersar

IMG 5439 frontWith the release of the Meka G Unit, the keyboard category has the most players in Thermaltake's eSports line. The G Unit itself is the third reincarnation of the Meka family, featuring mechanical switches among other gaming enthusiast features. The professional gaming market has never been hotter, nor more demanding. Let's see how Thermaltake handles the heat.

Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2012 23:06 #22325 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Thermaltake Meka G Unit
Adam's latest review

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
22 Feb 2012 02:49 #23132 by Kirvine07@gmail.com
ttEsports G-Unit Review
Pros: Pros:
The keyboard features the best cherry black switch keys I've ever used. I also prefer the noise these keys make over a silent keyboard. The keyboard itself is very sturdy and heavy, ensuring that you cannot rage on it and that it will not move at all unless you pick it up and move it.
I am switching to this over a Bluetooth Logitech. It is incredibly noticeable how different the response time is with the key inputs.
It has nice back-lightning on most commonly used keys which you can intensify and even make pulse.
I haven't played too much with the programmable macro keys but it is a very nice feature if I played games like World of Warcraft.
The multimedia keys in the top right of the keyboard also help nicely with volume control and playback for songs and movies.
Love how much I can bang on this thing and truly feel like I'm getting the best experience out of it when I do!
Comes with a nice travel case too. That's a plus =)

Cons: Cons:
Out of the box I noticed that my space bar makes a squeek. It doesn't sound like a click like the rest of the keys which doesn't bother me too much, just noticeable.
The worst thing about this keyboard it the head phone jack that is on the top side of the keyboard. It is a great feature, however... when you plug headphones into this thing BE WARNED. It will blow your ear drums out of the water. It creates a different sound device/output then your normal speakers which means you control it differently on sound devices tab. (Shows up as HOLTEK USB PHONE) The only way for me to be able to tolerate this is if I literally put the volume slider to 1%. Anything higher is incredibly loud and unbearable. Would really love to use this but just cannot. Also from time to time the lights on the keyboard will turn off. Not sure why or when because I don't notice until some time later. Not a huge deal either, can turn them back on by going in to the drivers console and click the light settin

Other Thoughts: Highly recommended mechanical keyboard. great company to deal with.

We have 1740 guests and no members online

supportus