LanOC Gaming News 10/12/2011

More
12 Oct 2011 03:54 #20383 by Wingless92
Wednesday is upon us once again and that means Gaming News. Rage has been updated, it’s THQ week on Steam, I have been playing some games on my GalaxyTab 8.9, Duke Nukem Forever is this week’s Midweek Madness game, Dead Rising 2: Off the Record is available now and L.A. Noire is coming to PC. We also have a big stack of news at the end. Grab your favorite energy drink, Gaming News is now!
Read more...
The following user(s) said Thank You: HaleyM2012

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2011 08:02 #20384 by Wingless92
We are live!!!

More
12 Oct 2011 22:39 #20391 by Leonresevil2
I'd check out player reviews of L.A. Noire first, honestly it's a simple click-find puzzle game designed for a controller, coupled with an expensive face tech demo. Rockstar really tapped out the hype machine for this one, and those looking for a deep puzzle will be disappointed and annoyed. It's a decent concept, but all the effort went into the faces and micro-DLC instead of game depth.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
12 Oct 2011 23:13 #20392 by garfi3ld
Have you played it? Alex really enjoyed it.

Wes

More
13 Oct 2011 04:30 #20397 by draymac
I bought it on launch and ended up watching my girlfriend's brother play most of the game....this is no tech demo...the first Wii Sports was a tech demo. I would say it is unfair to put this game into a specific category. If you are a fan of cinema, who-dun-it, or mysteries, this game will excite you. I really enjoyed the actors performances and thought the game was well done. I felt the immersion of the game world and any game that takes me away gets my two thumbs up!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

More
13 Oct 2011 16:30 #20400 by Leonresevil2
I rented it, and I wasn't pleased. 'Tech demo' was referring to how all the facial tech was for the cinematics, not really outside of that. I felt it was a stripped-down and hampered GTA game with simplified puzzle solving, and the game made it too easy to succeed in those areas. Yes it does mimic Noir style, but it felt like a idle movie, similar to Dragon Age. Some people will enjoy it. I'm just saying don't fall into the hype, and look into how the game really is, instead of expecting GTA freedoms and non-linear gameplay. The closest thing to that came from near-pointless driving and optional item searches, making the big L.A. area just another checkmark used for advertisement on the box.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: garfi3ld

We have 1757 guests and one member online

supportus