iRIP: Steve Jobs

More
06 Oct 2011 04:23 #20274 by chadkirchner

frontjobsEarlier today, Apple announced the passing of Steve Jobs. If you visit Apple’s website or https://www.apple.com/stevejobs you will see Apple’s official statement on the incident.

This is a tragic day in the technology world. No one can argue the influence that Mr. Jobs has had on the technology industry, and the world would have been a much different place had he not existed. The man was a visionary.

Read more...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2011 04:45 #20275 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic iRIP: Steve Jobs
Feel free to post up your thoughts on this matter. Please be respectful. I personally think this is a big loss to the entire community. Be it PC, Mac, Android, or iPhone.

Wes

More
06 Oct 2011 06:45 #20278 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: iRIP: Steve Jobs
I am not sure how to take Job's passing away. Right now i'm just watching TWIT and remembering all the good things that he did. I am not a fan of Apple but Steve really did some great things. Without the iPhone we wouldn't have Android and I thank Steve for pushing the mobile industry to where we are today. And can you really say anything bad about Pixar? Best freaking movies around. Thanks Steve for all that you did.

More
06 Oct 2011 07:13 #20279 by chadkirchner
Replied by chadkirchner on topic Re: iRIP: Steve Jobs
TWiT's coverage was excellent, as always. I think it'll be interesting to see if Steve Jobs is Apple, or if it can survive without him. I believe it will.

More
06 Oct 2011 07:53 #20280 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Re: iRIP: Steve Jobs
Definately a tragic loss and I'm saddened. :( Although I a PC guy by heart it makes me remember my younger years when I was using the Apple IIe's and the first Macs that came out. The gentlemen that helped create them is gone. A little bit of the apple has been bitten but, from the seeds of the Apple I think new apple trees will blossom still... thanks in part to what he did for the technology industry.

More
06 Oct 2011 16:30 #20282 by Leonresevil2
Replied by Leonresevil2 on topic Re: iRIP: Steve Jobs
Personally, I feel something is off in all of this, and I don't really believe it. If it's true, then it is a severe loss indeed. Either way, I think he's living it up on a private island, enjoying life and not having to sign every email with his iPhone. Enjoy it, sir.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
06 Oct 2011 17:15 #20283 by drpain
Replied by drpain on topic Re: iRIP: Steve Jobs
Thomas Alba Edison, Alexander Graham Bell, Nicolas Tesla, and Henry Ford among others changed the world to fit their visions. Steve Jobs was such a man. The last of the true revolutionaries.

Rest In Peace buddy.

Custom Built: AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz/G. Skill 12GB DDR3 1066Mhz/Crossfire ATI 6850's/3TB HDD

Macbook Pro: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz/4GB DDR3 1066MHz/Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT 256MB/320GB HDD

Xfire: drpain
Steam: drpain
Live: Ocar
PSN: BillyBananas

We have 1860 guests and no members online

supportus