Thermaltake Toughpower XT 750w

More
29 Jan 2010 03:45 #1928 by garfi3ld

Thermaltake's Toughpower series of power supply's makes a big statement with its name. Oddly enough even though we have taken a look at a variety of their products we have never put the Toughpower line to the test to see how tough they really are. Today we have the chance to check out the Toughpower XT 750 watt power supply. Lets find out how it compares to other PSU's we have tested in the past.
www.lanoc.org/review/hardware/pc-hardwar...e-toughpower-xt-750w

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jan 2010 14:08 #1930 by Twodavez
Ok, so Nubie Dave has another question. What's up with the 80 plus Bronze Silver Gold and so on ratings? I'm assuming 80 plus is better than non-80 plus, and like in the Olympics the gold would be the best but is there a 90 plus or even a 100 plus? What's what does this translate into as far as quality, safety, sound produced or lack there of. I'm assuming it's an efficiency thing, but why should I care about how efficient my power supply is. if I’m going to plug it into the wall, I say let is suck all the power it needs so long as it's not going to ruin my system...
Thanks!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
29 Jan 2010 21:25 #1941 by garfi3ld
80 plus is a testing standard that tests how efficient your power supply is at converting 120v to the lower voltage needed for pc's

Here is the requirements for each of them
File Attachment:

The better the ranking, the less electricity it will use.

Wes

More
29 Jan 2010 21:45 #1943 by Twodavez
That's awesome. I'd look up this stuff myself, but i figured you'd want to maybe build a how to for the site, so i figured i'd be the dumb guy to ask the questions :-)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

We have 2004 guests and one member online

supportus