LanOC Gaming News 4/20/2011

More
20 Apr 2011 04:15 - 20 Apr 2011 08:28 #15260 by Wingless92
Get your Portal guns ready people, Valve's Portal 2 released yesterday. Is it better than the original? Lets find out. Don't worry either, no spoliers ahead. Don't forget about the Midweek Madness sale either!

Gaming News starts now.

Read more...

Read More
Last edit: 20 Apr 2011 08:28 by Wingless92.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2011 00:11 #15271 by Wingless92
Looks like users are getting pissed off with Portal 2 now, saying that it's a console port? Yea, um, I don't see it over here. Head on over to metacritic to see all the BS that people are throwing around. One of the big complaints is that it says "Don't Turn Off Console" while saving. I have never seen that and I have been through more saves that I care to share.

I think the whole "Console Port" mentality has been way overblown. That's me though. One this is for sure. Stuff gets blown way out of proportion on the internet.

More
21 Apr 2011 10:50 #15289 by Wingless92
Just finished Portal 2. Man, what a great game. I can't remember laughing that much. All I can say is Lava Lamps, lol. You'll see.

I'll talk more about it in the coming weeks when more people have finished it.

More
21 Apr 2011 19:16 #15295 by Leonresevil2
Please spoiler up when you talk about it in the future; you haven't revealed too much but I probably won't get it for awhile. I know it's a great game, but the potato sack messed up my games and bandwidth for awhile, and I've spent a lot of money on games on Steam. Despite being a wonderful game, I'm in no rush to get it right now.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
21 Apr 2011 19:25 #15297 by Wingless92

Leonresevil2 wrote: Please spoiler up when you talk about it in the future

All the stuff that I did talk about are not spoilers. Like I said in gaming news. There are no spoilers that I talked about. Didn't wanna ruin it for everyone else.

More
21 Apr 2011 20:00 #15302 by Leonresevil2

Wingless92 wrote:

Leonresevil2 wrote: Please spoiler up when you talk about it in the future

All the stuff that I did talk about are not spoilers. Like I said in gaming news. There are no spoilers that I talked about. Didn't wanna ruin it for everyone else.

I know, I've just avoided everything about the storyline possible, even not watching the videos. I've already learned too much on stuff from the ARG. It's probably unnecessary on my part, but I have kept pretty clear of the story so far.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

More
22 Apr 2011 00:14 #15311 by Wingless92
Yea, none of the stuff that was in gaming news was spolierish in any way. I would never do that anyways. Storylines and such for this type of game are off limits.

More
22 Apr 2011 01:58 #15316 by Dreyvas
Wingless, I think you underestimate the vigor with which some people like to avoid any possible information about a game before playing. :P

More
22 Apr 2011 06:59 #15326 by Wingless92

Dreyvas wrote: Wingless, I think you underestimate the vigor with which some people like to avoid any possible information about a game before playing. :P

Ok, lol, typing this as i'm laughing.

You have a portal gun, your in a room, there is sound = Portal 2. Too much?

Should of used that for my preview, LMAO.

I hope everyone laughs at this cause I did.

Regardless, it's a great game. In the coming weeks i'll be sure and put up SPOILER alerts when I do post something.

I agree though Dreyvas, some people do not wanna know anything about the game and I support that. I'm the same way with movies. I watch one trailer and that's it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: draymac

More
22 Apr 2011 13:16 - 22 Apr 2011 23:46 #15327 by Dreyvas
I think the thing that drives me nuts the most is when you're watching TV and at the end of a show they play a trailer for the next episode, showing every scene that might be even vaguely interesting. Ugh.
Last edit: 22 Apr 2011 23:46 by Dreyvas.

More
22 Apr 2011 23:13 #15336 by h4lt

Dreyvas wrote: I think the thing that drives me nuts the most is when you're watching TV and at the end of an show they play a trailer for the next episode, showing every scene that might be even vaguely interesting. Ugh.

In example: The Event

Sooo anoying....

More
26 Apr 2011 19:09 #15378 by Leonresevil2
There's portals in Portal 2?

Actually, the original build of Portal 2 didn't have portals, surprisingly enough.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.

We have 2277 guests and one member online

supportus