Logitech G19 Keyboard

More
11 Dec 2009 23:37 #1520 by Twodavez

Everyone's idea of a high-end gaming keyboard is different. Logitech has taken the LCD route for some time with their G15. The ability to have extra information showing while in a game can be helpful. Of course to follow up the G15 they had to really up their game, and because of that we have the G19. The smaller LCD screen of the G15 was given an upgrade to a larger full color screen and the ability to change the lighting to any color. Today I'll be taking a closer look at the G19: is it really the gaming monster Logitech makes it out to be?
lanoc.org/review/hardware/input-devices/...ogitech-g19-keyboard

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2009 23:40 #1521 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic RE: Logitech G19 Keyboard
So is the small screen worth having to worry about finding another plug spot at LAN's plus having to remember to get the cord? seems like it's just one more thing that you'd have to worry about when taking to a LAN, plus the plug is a nobby thing that would take up at least two spots on a power strip, unless plugged into the end.
The keyboard looks awesome, but i'm not sure about the extra plug situation. Won't there be a time when they can push more power through the USB?

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
12 Dec 2009 00:28 #1522 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic RE: Logitech G19 Keyboard
USB 3.0. There are some motherboards that already support it. Not sure if there are any actual components that use it yet, though.

More
12 Dec 2009 01:15 #1523 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic RE: Logitech G19 Keyboard
Finding another plug spot at most lans shouldn't be a problem, you normally would only be plugging in (with the g19) three items into your own power strip. I agree with power being a pain, who wants more cables? But I honestly didn't have any trouble with it when I took it too the Columbia City Lan.

Is it worth it? As I said before, I think its more for someone who plays WoW. But I enjoy being able to see my CPU and Ram usage/the time on the fly.

Wes

More
15 Dec 2009 00:47 #1554 by NfamousZ24
WoW so should I dump my Cyborg keyboard because the extra buttons are in a crappy spots on opposite ends of the keyboard, While the G19's is on the left side grouped together where my non mouse hand is at. lol

We have 1687 guests and one member online

supportus