LanOC Gaming News 4/13/2011

More
13 Apr 2011 09:00 - 13 Apr 2011 08:20 #15039 by Wingless92
With a week off, there is much to talk about like Sony Vs. GeoHot, Crysis 2 Roundup and Steam Sales. Ready? Lets go!

Read more...

Read More....
Last edit: 13 Apr 2011 08:20 by Wingless92.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2011 17:31 #15041 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Nice roundup! I agree Sony took the wrong approach with this guy.

I will be freshly cleaning my system Friday, so it will be semi-shiny and ready to go!

More
13 Apr 2011 17:32 - 13 Apr 2011 17:33 #15042 by L0rdG1gabyt3
I agree that Sony took the wrong approach with this guy.

As far as cleaning my system, I will be doing that on Friday so it will be semi-shiny and ready to go!

EDIT: Not sure why this posted 2x. The first time I got an error. Then when I tried again, it double posted. Sorry.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2011 17:33 by L0rdG1gabyt3.

More
13 Apr 2011 20:47 - 13 Apr 2011 21:18 #15054 by Leonresevil2
I had been watching the Geohot scandal for awhile. My PS3 died just before this all happened, and I had planned to put Linux on it and use it as a computer too. I think Sony had no right to lock down on everyone, and remove the operating system of everyone that got the update. Geohot clearly stated that you would have to break open your system and do some very complicated hardware adjustments to be able to mess with the system, and I think it should've been handled more like Xbox "if you are caught you are banned". They did take away a key feature, which is just another one added to the list of removed features on the PS3. They have let me down and irritated me, but I see that the Linux PS3 would suck compared to what I have. I'm not sure if I won't buy anything from them anymore (they haven't released a compelling hardware piece since PS3 original), but I'll definitely be hesitant if it offers a bunch of software features. I think the fact that they are jumping onto Android and dumping their OS and interface is a sign that they have become a bad company, focused on their rights and ease of use rather than OUR rights and OUR ease of use.

Anyway, have you played Crysis 2 with the DX11 patch? Sad that they released it without, but at least they are doing something to support the PC community that helped them get a friggen start in the business.
I'm mixed on Magicka, I didn't really like the style. Seems like the kind of game that requires a group and thus online.

Edit: And can I be blamed if these stupid Potato Sack games keep updating for this ARG every day? I wouldn't mind, if they weren't doing it to advertise Portal 2, which I already want! Stop spamming my updates!

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2011 21:18 by Leonresevil2.

More
13 Apr 2011 22:18 #15064 by Wingless92
The patch for DX11 is not out yet. I wouldn't hold my breath either on that one. I will jump back in "if" it comes out but i'm not going to replay it again.

We have 1498 guests and one member online

supportus