Nvidia GTX 560 Ti

More
25 Jan 2011 19:01 #13462 by garfi3ld
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti was created by garfi3ld

titleWith the introduction of the GTX 460 last July, Nvidia changed the game entirely. The 460 showed amazing performance and overclockability while being priced for someone looking for a budget build. The GTX 460, seven months later, is still exactly that. With the introduction of the GTX 500 series cards recently, Nvidia is now introducing the GTX 560 Ti. While not a replacement for the GTX 460, the GTX 560 Ti occupies the position just above it. Nvidia told us that with the GTX 560 Ti the “sweet spot” just got sweeter, let’s dive in and find out.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2011 21:11 - 25 Jan 2011 21:32 #13463 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
I hear your complaints about the Mini HDMI. Did it come with a Mini HDMI to HDMI adapter? I know my 580's did. I would like to see them include this with every 400/500 series card.

I am thinking they are going to sell a boat load of these cards. That is great performance at a small price. Hell, I paid 149 for my EVGA FTW 450 card. Then again, I was limited by the Shuttle's PSU.

Great review and right up as always Wes. Liking the new graphs much better than the old ones.

I would like to see how well 2 of these do in SLi.

My bad on the price, their 249. #corrections.
Last edit: 25 Jan 2011 21:32 by Wingless92.

More
26 Jan 2011 03:08 #13469 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
the nvidia reference card doesn't come with anything but I'm sure most if not all of the cards shold will come with it. Thats not the problem for me, if i need a replacement cable or I go to a LAN and forget the cable you will have a real hard time picking one up at most retailers. Not to mention the difference in price between a normal HDMI cable compaired to a mini HDMI cable on a site like monoprice.

I didn't point it out in the review but AMD has replied with a 1Gb version of their 6950 for about $20 less than the 560, its hard to say who will come out on top on that one. I do know that AMD is using a smaller die and because of that they will be able to play the price game much better than Nvidia.

Thanks and I hope we can get a second card in for SLI testing

Wes

More
26 Jan 2011 04:51 #13470 by Wingless92
Yea, I never use HDMI, always DVI, but that's me. I wonder why they though mini would be a good idea? Full HDMI isn't that much bigger. I'm just glad that they haven't moved to Display Port yet. DVI and HDMI is where it's at.

More
26 Jan 2011 04:52 #13471 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
Same here, I've never had anything but issues trying to use HDMI for a PC connection.

More
26 Jan 2011 06:50 #13472 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
really? Most of my monitors are HDMI native, hooking them up is as easy as plugging one connection in. No screws or anything like that. Plus you can run sound through it when I don't have my headset on or my speakers hooked up

Wes

More
26 Jan 2011 08:09 #13473 by Wingless92
On the LanBox, I use DVI to HDMI and it throws sound out through the speakers in the monitor. But on all my cards I always use DVI, cause that's what the cards have. Although I could use 1 DVI and 1 MiniHDMI, I wouldn't but it's possible.

We have 1430 guests and one member online

supportus