Lian Li Mini-Q PC-Q08

More
20 Jan 2011 09:32 #13425 by garfi3ld

titleThere's only one thing worse than having to pack up a 70-pound gaming rig to go to a LAN party: Packing two. Being married to a gaming girl is wonderful but it does have the downside that I have to pack up and transport two rigs for every LAN we travel to. After building a Shuttle for myself it was only a matter of time before I miniaturized her rig also. Looking for any excuse to upgrade her I contacted Lian Li about a Mini ITX case that they carried and went on with selecting the rest of her parts list. That case is the Lian Li Mini-Q PC-Q08, with Lian Li’s style and quality I have high hopes!

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2011 21:53 #13426 by Wingless92
Not to shabby! I am starting to like these smaller cases more and more. What the case manufactures have to realize is that we want a powerful GPU in these cause we use them for LAN's. It was nice that they let you use a standard PSU but that is also the problem. All the wires, thank god for modular PSU's.

How big of a card can you fit in there Wes? Say a 580?

How much bigger is this case compared to a Shuttle?

Just wondering, other than that it looks pretty solid.

More
21 Jan 2011 00:30 #13429 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Great review!

MaxPC used one of these cases to build a WHS and they said it was a dream to build in compared to alot of other mini units they has used in the past.

More
21 Jan 2011 02:03 #13431 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Lian Li Mini-Q PC-Q08
Skyler it fits 300mm or 11.8110236 inches , the 580 is 10.5 inches :)

Wes

We have 1661 guests and one member online

supportus