Seagate Momentus XT

More
03 Nov 2010 07:15 #10849 by garfi3ld
Seagate Momentus XT was created by garfi3ld

titleWhen you hear the word Hybrid you may have images of Prius’s or maybe even the south park episode where they called all Hybrid owners fart sniffers. You may be surprised to find out that you can get hybrids in the computer industry, specifically in storage. With SSD’s gaining popularity it’s not a surprise that manufactures are looking at ways to bring SSD performance with a normal hard drives capacity and price. Today I have the chance to take a closer look at the Momentus XT from Seagate. This is a 2.5inch laptop drive with 4 gigs of SLC NAND (solid state flash) attached to the PCB to give you just that.

Read more...

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2013 03:50 #33122 by Wingcmdr77
Replied by Wingcmdr77 on topic Seagate Momentus XT
Partially on your recommendation from two years ago, I remembered you discussing ways to extend the life of an older laptop, well I'm just waiting to get my in the mail. I couldnt see spending the money on and SSD on a 4 year old laptop, and go with a slow 5400 rpm with a huge storage capacity, so this is going to be the OS and programs drive while the laptop has a dual bay I use that spare for data storage on a slow 5400.

With the hope in the near future to be either another one of those in the 2nd bay or a 7200 so that the performance level across drives will be normalized some what.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We have 1668 guests and one member online

supportus