Playing for 24 hours!

More
13 Oct 2012 23:04 - 13 Oct 2012 23:07 #28226 by Arxon
Playing for 24 hours! was created by Arxon
Dear Friends and Family,

I'm on a mission to save kids through video games, and I need your help.

My local Children's Miracle Network Hospital treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few

On Oct. 20th, 2012, I'll attempt to play an epic 24 hour video game marathon and it's my sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support me with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to my hospital.

Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids.

Last year, Extra Life raised more than 1.2 million dollars to save kids, but in 2012 our goals, just like the needs of the kids we serve, are much, much higher.

All the people who donate will be entered into a drawing for a special prize at the end of the 24 hours.

www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=...&participantID=40356

www.own3d.tv/NerdRageEntertainm/live/170849

This is the live stream I will be playing on.

Just donate here on the 20th!
Last edit: 13 Oct 2012 23:07 by Arxon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2012 23:42 #28314 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Playing for 24 hours!
A little late, but how did you do? Did you stay up the whole 24 hours? I think this would be cool to do at the next LAN! We could see if Wes could take a few of the raffle prizes out of the general population (or get Systemax to give a few things) and give prizes to the people who raise the most money. I think if LAN OC or all the LAN's we all go do would do some type of Charity thing, it would really make the LAN scene look good in the eyes of the public.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
30 Oct 2012 10:22 #28316 by Arxon
Replied by Arxon on topic Playing for 24 hours!
I stayed up for the 24hours made $120 so not bad.

More
30 Oct 2012 17:14 - 30 Oct 2012 17:19 #28317 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Playing for 24 hours!
Sorry, I didn't see this post before the event happened. So what was your fallout afterwards from it? Did you sleep for 24 hours straight? Did you get sick or feel like crap for a long time after? Just curious.

Also, what did you play?
Last edit: 30 Oct 2012 17:19 by Myndmelt.

More
30 Oct 2012 23:24 #28327 by Arxon

Myndmelt wrote: Sorry, I didn't see this post before the event happened. So what was your fallout afterwards from it? Did you sleep for 24 hours straight? Did you get sick or feel like crap for a long time after? Just curious.

Also, what did you play?

slept about 9 hours. Felt fine. As for games, what ever kept my interest for more than an hour.

More
31 Oct 2012 00:06 #28329 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Playing for 24 hours!

Arxon wrote:

Myndmelt wrote: Sorry, I didn't see this post before the event happened. So what was your fallout afterwards from it? Did you sleep for 24 hours straight? Did you get sick or feel like crap for a long time after? Just curious.

Also, what did you play?

slept about 9 hours. Felt fine. As for games, what ever kept my interest for more than an hour.

So then, this:

:cheer:

More
31 Oct 2012 02:12 #28333 by Arxon

Myndmelt wrote:

Arxon wrote:

Also, what did you play?

So then, this:

:cheer:

Close to it :laugh:

We have 1610 guests and no members online

supportus