LanOC: After Dark

More
10 Nov 2011 08:27 #20842 by chadkirchner
Hello,

Wingless and I will be shooting / recording a pilot for the LanOC podcast (hopefully here shortly, at least before Black Friday when my work schedule will get hectic). I am posting this mainly to keep me on topic and on schedule.

I am kicking around the idea of doing a video version, thinking about using the 30-day demo of GoToMeeting to record a video podcast with screen sharing. Why? Wes' articles here are extremely thorough and filled with awesome pictures and charts. I think that we should continue that tradition as we experiment with podcasting.

More details to come, but I wanted to prepare everyone for what is coming. The podcast will not air live, but will be released late in the evening on release date and will carry possibly carry an NSFW tag, but we want to keep it professional for both ourselves and the sponsors of LanOC.

Let me know if you have any questions! Details as they emerge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2011 09:36 #20843 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: LanOC: After Dark
I would +1 if I could.

And to all the people that were at the last LAN there might be a

"Were in the tunnel" reference.

More
10 Nov 2011 16:48 #20844 by Nacelle
Replied by Nacelle on topic Re: LanOC: After Dark
I'll listen for sure if it's audio. I listen to podcasts all day at work. If it's video, there's less chance that I'll remember to watch if you make more than one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twodavez

More
10 Nov 2011 18:55 #20845 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Re: LanOC: After Dark
Id prefer to watch than listen but I would probably be willing to do either one.

More
10 Nov 2011 22:26 #20846 by Davey_Boy
Replied by Davey_Boy on topic Re: LanOC: After Dark

Wingless92 wrote: I would +1 if I could.

And to all the people that were at the last LAN there might be a

"Were in the tunnel" reference.

It'll make me very happy to hear this :D

More
11 Nov 2011 06:25 #20849 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: LanOC: After Dark
I agree with nacelle that i would be more willing to listen only. Why not just make a podcast out of the video, being mindful in the video to not have too much visual required humor/items... IT could be possible to do both at the same time!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
11 Nov 2011 07:47 #20852 by chadkirchner
Replied by chadkirchner on topic Re: LanOC: After Dark

Twodavez wrote: I agree with nacelle that i would be more willing to listen only. Why not just make a podcast out of the video, being mindful in the video to not have too much visual required humor/items... IT could be possible to do both at the same time!

That is, of course, my goal. To release both an audio and video version. This is going to be a learn as I go type of thing though so there may be some hiccups and hurdles to overcome.

We haven't quite set on a tone for the podcast. Like I said, it MAY carry an NSFW tag but I'd rather keep it as professional as possible. Obviously, jokes and humor will be involved, but it's not going to just be recorded version of the Vent conversations that occur.

Wingless and I actually disagree on many things, which is why I believe the podcast has a chance of working because hopefully it'll provoke good conversation. And if we can get some guests involved, that's even better.

We have 1962 guests and no members online

supportus