Moderators.

More
18 Aug 2011 09:04 #18469 by Leonresevil2
Moderators. was created by Leonresevil2
A quick search for the word 'moderator' yields 4 results, 3 from the last few days in a spam topic. (Also, noticed that 'deleted' spam topics aren't actually deleted, and can be found with this search)
Since we've seen the influx of spam recently, I thought I would seek info on getting a moderator position if possible. Doesn't need much power, just the ability to (possibly temporarily) close topics that classify as spam, be it locking, deleting, or whatever.
I would send this as a private message, but I feel there are others such as myself that have been around long enough, shown our appreciation and dedication to LanOC, and hate to see it dragged down by spam. It's up to the staff to consider this and reply if interested, or do whatever with this topic. But I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by how many good users would work to help the forums while the Admins are away. Such users can chime in for their interest.

"You should the forums"
Better words never said.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2011 09:09 #18470 by Dreyvas
Replied by Dreyvas on topic Re: Moderators.
I know the recent spam has to do with something that had to be disabled for registration, correct? Still, definitely couldn't hurt.

More
18 Aug 2011 09:12 - 18 Aug 2011 09:13 #18471 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re: Moderators.
I figured out how to delete/ban spammers, just now. The recent 2 posts are gone now. LOL

Dreyvas, you are corect. People couldn't register for the forum with the anti-spammer part turned on, I know Wes is looking into it after the LAN.
Last edit: 18 Aug 2011 09:13 by Plague.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

More
19 Aug 2011 22:29 #18548 by Myndmelt
Replied by Myndmelt on topic Re: Moderators.
I want to bump this there could be a couple of more moderators. Spam topics are popping up on the rise.

More
19 Aug 2011 22:31 #18549 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: Moderators.
We know, Wes has been working on it and I have been doing my best with deleting them. Hang in there, it will all be over soon.

More
19 Aug 2011 23:33 #18555 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: Moderators.
you guys would really be amazed at the amount of spam posts that are caught before most people see them not to mention how quickly its done. The problem is in our spam filtration with registration. it broke recently and we have been working to get it fixed. The problem is time with the LAN, reviews, and a full time job. I will get it fixed ether before the LAN or soon after as we try to catch up.

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leonresevil2

We have 1777 guests and no members online

supportus