Case Mod Contest Voting Warning

More
09 Oct 2010 00:43 #10165 by garfi3ld
very good point

Thank you

Wes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2010 00:45 #10166 by SXRguyinMA
maybe use that 24-hour period next time (i.e. 12:00am to 11:59pm each day), that might make things simpler :D

More
09 Oct 2010 03:17 #10168 by LeatherFace
I do have to say though,. by allowing the people to vote. I know alot of my friends and family were astonished at some of the builds they had no idea the quality and level that is currently being built by the top modders. That inspires people when they see those things. So i do firmly believe that you absolutley have readched a huge demographic that had never seen mods before other then maybe a facebook page... so that speaks volumes for itself, no ther mod contest does that... and to set urself from everyone else, isint always a bad thing.. people like different..

More
09 Oct 2010 03:56 #10169 by Twodavez
All in all, i think it'll drum up positive attention to the site, and hopefully increase the entrants for next time...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeatherFace

More
09 Oct 2010 20:52 #10176 by LeatherFace

Twodavez wrote: All in all, i think it'll drum up positive attention to the site, and hopefully increase the entrants for next time...

i didnt tally an exact number maybe garfiled can but it looks like just the entrees their were had somewhere in the ball park of 6 to 7,000 hits combined.I think we all got some exposure..

More
10 Oct 2010 00:58 #10177 by ikem

jj_Sky5000 wrote: I would definlaty keep the people out of it, because its a becomes a popularty vote. and let a panel decide. its no different than letting The sposnors decide Every body is going to be bias one way or another. a least the sponosors will have a input on your thier free merchidise is going to go why would you not get them involved? if its 5 diffenrt judges from 5 diffenrt companys how will that favor anybody?:huh:

this is how it should be, i know Bill Owen would totally be on board for it. But having it by a total randomly popular vote? If it was like that, then have it only one vote person. Then others have a chance. And you have to acutally work to get people in, to vote.

More
10 Oct 2010 03:41 #10182 by garfi3ld
You still have to work to get people to vote and then get them to come back. The result there is just about the same.

As for having panel of modders still has the possibility of being unfair. Not saying anyone would do it, but there is always a chance that they will lean towards people they know or people from their community's.

There is no perfect way to vote, but if we do this again we plan on reconsidering all of the options suggested.

Wes

More
10 Oct 2010 04:48 #10185 by LeatherFace
ok i will admit, im starting to get nervous now and evertime i look at the poll, my heart starts racing... this is kinda intense..

More
10 Oct 2010 16:29 - 10 Oct 2010 16:45 #10191 by LeatherFace
I cant vote this morning is the contest still going.?? or did it end, ZI thought 8pm EST on the 10th..
Last edit: 10 Oct 2010 16:45 by LeatherFace.

More
10 Oct 2010 17:07 #10193 by garfi3ld
I had the incorrect time set. I should also point out that I havnt cleaned out any votes over the last two days because I have been out of town with a family thing. Im going to try to get them cleaned out now and then do a 2nd pass tonight when I get home

Wes

More
10 Oct 2010 23:30 #10195 by gijoe101st
I have been voting every day, and I have been watching the votes go up and down. There is one trend that makes me sad about one mod. I saw that once I got a lot of my friends to vote for a specific mod another case caught up right away. It was very hard work for me to get people to come to the site and register. When I come back the next day I notice that all the votes this other mod had are taken away. If they are getting that many fraudulent votes then maybe they need to be disqualified. This has skewed the numbers for other people that could have been close.

More
11 Oct 2010 00:58 - 11 Oct 2010 01:04 #10196 by CrazyBillyBob
If watching this has been hard for the voters... you should be one of the modders! It's heart breaking. You think things are close only to find there not really. As for DQing a mod for bad votes.. l'd have to say as a modder i'd be upset. I know I've tried my best to explain the one vote per day per ip. Some folks either don't pay attention when they vote or seem to think they are "helping" by voting whenever the site will let them. They really are not acutualy they are hurting, the modder stop pormoting becuse thet are doing well. And infact they are behind. Because all of those votes don'count. To pull a mod when the modder is not the one at fault would be upsetting. Now if it's the modder "stuffing" the box that is another issue all together.
CBB
Last edit: 11 Oct 2010 01:04 by CrazyBillyBob.

More
11 Oct 2010 04:18 #10200 by blob
It is funny to me to see votes go and then go down. This just frustrates the contestents. The voting should have been thought through before the contest. This was just a glorified popularity contest, even dumb blonds figred out how to to do beauty contests.

More
11 Oct 2010 04:59 #10201 by CrazyBillyBob
You can't blame the Admins for the things that voters do anymore then you can blame the Modders.
I'm sure the polling was tested well before the contest... but folks will always come up with new ways to be stupid :) Nothing is fool proof!

I know some folks had issue creating an account... Had nothing to do with site issues it's just that they didn't read any of instruction given to them by the site when creating a user... like all that writing was just there to take up space :ohmy: :woohoo: :laugh:

When you think it's idiot proof... someone goes and has a bigger idiot :)

Somethings were bumpy, but you (admins/staff) did a good job! For the type of voting It felt as fair as it could be! I'll be entering your next case mod contest for sure!!!

Thanks guys (and gal)

CBB
The following user(s) said Thank You: Twodavez

More
11 Oct 2010 05:35 - 11 Oct 2010 05:37 #10203 by Wingless92
Thanks for all the votes guys/gals.

For those of you that "Gamed" the system, thanks for ruining it for everyone else. Keep the kiddy stuff outta here. Your not helping!
Last edit: 11 Oct 2010 05:37 by Wingless92.

More
11 Oct 2010 05:38 - 11 Oct 2010 05:40 #10204 by Davey_Boy

Wingless92 wrote: For those of you that "Gamed" the system, thanks for ruining it for everyone else. Keep the kiddy stuff outta here. Your not helping!

EDIT: "For those of you that *tried to* "Game" the system, thanks for ruining it for everyone else. Keep the kiddy stuff outta here. Your not helping!" ;)

Because we all know that Wes was on top of this whole issue! Good Job Staff!
Last edit: 11 Oct 2010 05:40 by Davey_Boy.

More
11 Oct 2010 05:41 #10205 by Wingless92
Thanks Killer!

That's why we have people to DESTROY these types of people.

Hell, I should'a put my case in it, "Gamed" the system and taken home all the prizes.

More
11 Oct 2010 05:52 #10206 by garfi3ld
Trust me it doesn't frustrate anyone more than me. I was away at a funeral because of a death in the family and had to spend a half hour sorting through the votes first thing this morning. I think we have all established that the voting system isn't the best. Its not that we didn't test the voting out, we just didn't go out of our way to game the system.

It hurt me more than anyone else this morning to have to clear that amount of votes out. This entire time I have wanted nothing more than to be able to have a fair vote. To the point where you want to just disqualify people, but there is nothing tieing the issues to the contestants. I would hate to see someone be kicked out of the vote just because a friend thought they were helping by creating a few more votes.

Wes

More
11 Oct 2010 06:11 #10207 by gijoe101st
I can't say anything about the admin. You guys tried your hardest to keep things on the up and up. I run several sites, and I know how hard it is to try to keep people legit. I commend you for even taking this event on.

More
11 Oct 2010 06:20 - 11 Oct 2010 06:44 #10208 by LeatherFace
I hope ur not implying all the top contestents were gaming the system. I harrased 1000's of people to come to vote, and their will always be some human error in a voting system, but when u get into the 45% to 55% of votes removed , it looks pretty fishy. Please dont hessitate to let me know if u feel i gamed the system.....

I also have a moral standard to let people know that i ask to vote for me that I dont need any gaming going on so please be legit.. I did think it was ok to vote from home and work, as long as ip's were different but my mistake and it wont happen again, or get worse thats for sure...

Be who u are and say what you feel, because those that mind dont matter, and those that matter dont mind..
Last edit: 11 Oct 2010 06:44 by LeatherFace.

More
11 Oct 2010 06:25 #10209 by garfi3ld
it wasn't any of the contestants at all. I'm sorry if my post came off that way. We mainly had an issues with the one person (not an contestant) , most everyone else was mostly just simple mistakes (voting from work and then home in less than 24 hours)

Wes

More
11 Oct 2010 06:27 - 11 Oct 2010 06:27 #10210 by Lersar
Keeping the votes legit has been an on-going process, but many of leaders of the polls as they are now, yours included, have been popular among many unique visitors as opposed to a ploy to pad votes. Though it has its faults, the voting was intended to reward the entries that were fan favorites; yours is definitely one of those Leatherface.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2010 06:27 by Lersar.

More
11 Oct 2010 06:29 - 11 Oct 2010 06:39 #10211 by LeatherFace
and wes, u realy did do a kick ass job.. im sry to hear about the death in ur family, and us nerdy , needy attention whores( i mean modders) did not make it any easier... I personaly want to extend any help to you that i can provide in the future to help you with these events... I realy hope u do it again there has been some huge Positives, and a great learning experience..
Last edit: 11 Oct 2010 06:39 by LeatherFace.

We have 1841 guests and no members online

supportus