What I loved about Lan OC v11

More
04 Sep 2012 17:07 #27809 by Twodavez
I was really surprised how well Tribes worked as a tourney. Although i would like to officially Booooo :pinch: the final map selection, i felt i was fighting the map more than the other team. But i guess that's me being bitter to have to fight a level 37 person with 4 times the life as everyone else. Glad they were random teams, i could only imaging if there were several of these high level players on one team...

LoL ARAM tourney was short, sweet, and AWESOME to watch the final match. I would've liked to have seen them all on the screen if that's something we could do in the future, along with sound...

Also thanks for putting the LoL regional tourney on the big screen in the back, i didn't make it back there to check it out, but it was nice it would available.

I thought the mass pizza order worked out very well. The pizza was amazing, especially the pepperoni. And i'd just like to thank those few people i messed up their order. It was completly my fault and i think i made it right with most of you.

Thanks for all the people who came over for pancakes and sausage and also who hung around to keep me company while i cooked. If you have any feed back (good or constructive) I would appreciated hearing it, after all i'm doing it for your enjoyment and anything i am doing good or could do better, i'd like to keep doing or make changes to better serve.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy, JOOOOOOOOOO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2012 18:36 #27845 by Twodavez
Others can post on here too? i'm sure the staff would like to know what we enjoyed so that they can continue to do it in the future...
If you do'nt speak up, they might think it wasn't enjoyed and might scrap it for next time.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
05 Sep 2012 19:18 #27850 by Dreyvas
Nearly everything was perfect other than the air conditioning, which wasn't really anything that could be fixed on the spot I assume. Sounded like the Tribes tourney had a lot of confusion, but I wasn't in that so I didn't really care, lol. Good stuff.

More
05 Sep 2012 19:26 #27851 by garfi3ld
yeah our tribes server wouldn't let us change maps or let us communicate with people in game at all.

Wes

More
05 Sep 2012 20:38 #27854 by Myndmelt
Its was a very fun Lan. Not sure where it stacks up against v9 but v10 was probably my favorite so far. I've only been coming since v9 so I cant compare to any others.

The mass pizza order was awesome, I really thank you for putting that together and really want to encourage this to become a tradition! The pizza was bomb! Actually really hot and fresh still. And the price was amazing, Mrs_Myndmelt and I split with Arxon so we payed 8 of the 12 bucks and we Didn't even eat the entire pie. But I know Mrs_Myndmelt and I had a big lunch over at Fricker w/ Arkoth.

I didn't participate in any tourneys but the Ninja Turtles did look fun and I should have signed up, just to get a chance to play.

I'm looking forward to March. I hope people go and register and maybe we can get even more BIG prizes for v12 :woohoo:

More
06 Sep 2012 02:31 #27856 by trgtprctc
For a number of years, MML was the source of my fondest LAN memories. Now it is hands down LanOC. The location change to Van Wert took a very good LAN and made it great. I have to say my favorite things about all LanOC events are the people and the atmosphere. Generous sponsor raffle items are just icing on the cake. Though I did not see it until the LAN was over, the Wes is thirsty post in the forums was pure genius. How many people brought you drinks Wes?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
06 Sep 2012 02:35 #27857 by garfi3ld
I posted it once on the ALP and had around 10 soda's before I had to delete it. The one here didn't get any traction though.

Wes

More
06 Sep 2012 06:38 #27863 by Wooderson
I like a lot about V11. My favorite aspect of the Lan is always meeting more people that share my interest. I met a lot of new people like Speedbump, Born, Sideout, and that guy from Texas, plus caught up with all the LanOC gamers that are on the forums and vent. I missed the rest of my Attic group, not to mention Wingless and Cory, but there is always V12. I like the Tribes tourney even though I got donkey stomped by Born, and Cytog. The most surprising part of V11 for me was the Case Mod Contest. Thanks to everyone involved no matter who you voted for. I wish more people wanted to get up and check out the participant cases, but I understand if your not into it, you don't really care as much. A big thanks to the staff for all your efforts. All in all another great LanOC experience, and now its just the long wait until V12. See you there!

I kill CPU's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
06 Sep 2012 17:26 #27869 by Sideout
This was my 1st LAN OC. I know that my son had a great time and it was his 1st LAN OC and LAN party as well.

It was fun to meet new people from the LAN OC community and to see how other LAN's are run.

The way the case mod / showoff contest was done was great and made for a good contest.

It was good to see that LAN OC and Nexus LAN have the same great community of gamers and I think everyone enjoyed themselves even with the little glitches that always happen.

Sorry I missed breakfeast Twodaves!!! I was getting in some sleep time instead :(

Hope to be able to attend the next one.

I am the LAN!!!!

More
06 Sep 2012 18:27 #27870 by JOOOOOOOOOO
This being my first time attending LANOC I've got to say I was really impressed and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

The internal website was absolutely awesome, and to be honest I didn't really mind the internet outage at all because it forced us to do what we came here to do: and play with people at the LAN. We got in some sweet rounds of BF1942 while we were waiting for it to return. The old school and tribes tourney was pretty cool and the quantity and quality of raffle items was pretty much astounding.

Perhaps one bit to add to the internal website would be an embedded commsviewer commsviewer.com/ so that we could see who was in what voice channels and would encourage those who didn't have mumble installed to hop on there and get some additional pickup play going on.

I definitely hope to be attending the next one. Kudos and thank you to all the staff, but especially to garfi3ld, lersar and plague, you did a wonderful job despite the obstacles.

More
07 Sep 2012 16:11 #27882 by Twodavez
I also enjoyed that there was some table top gaming going on, even though it seemed to be with the same groups that usually hang out together anyway... I heard announcements of "Board Game", but it fell at a bad time for me to go join them. but i didn't hear any announcement for Munchkin, which i know alot of people were interested in playing. Next time i'm going to skip the poker, in hopes of getting some table top gaming in. It's just a good thinking only thing to do before bed to give the eyes an extra break!

With many games of LoL, HoN and Smite being played, if you could announce 30 min before game start that you're goign to be playing, it would give others a chance to plan a little for it. This also goes for raffles, if they're going to be delayed, or early could you please give us a 30 min heads up that it's coming. I know there is a schedule, but when in the heat of battle, the clock disapears. What about putting a countdown on the projector to keep people informed ;-)
Thanks!

We have 2073 guests and no members online

supportus