Official Tournaments for V11.0 [EDIT] Now w/Rules!

More
16 Aug 2012 00:56 #27179 by Rhythmatic
I only saw the first thread that had the list of games as potential choices and many of the games I'd have wanted chosen were on it. I did not know about the second thread with a smaller selection to be picked on.

I recant my statements about it not being tournament-tier. I just know that you can't use the "well it's free so everyone can play" reasoning with a game that has SUCH a high learning curve (huhu, get it CURVE???? SLOPES 'n such). It's very hard to say that you're going to enter a tournament on a game you've never/barely played. I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but Arena mode is only available to players lvl 8 and up, so there's that, unless you can somehow turn that off. This has probably already been mentioned and I just missed it in the thread somewhere.

@Myndmelt: As I already said, they're simply my subjective opinions. Take it as constructive criticism. You're essentially saying that unless I regularly check the forums, (when most people start checking them in the few weeks leading up to the LAN) I shouldn't have the chance to voice my feelings? I plan on having a good time regardless, and the tournament decisions have very little bearing on my experience as a whole. LANOC is one of the best parties out there, hands down, I'm just an old-school traditional FPS gamer, I suppose. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2012 01:42 #27182 by garfi3ld
the level 8 limit doesn't apply to servers that we own so it won't effect the tournament

Wes
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rhythmatic

More
16 Aug 2012 01:47 #27183 by Arxon
If it is ok with Wes and the rest of the staff, I would like to hose a D3 side tourney for a 6 pack of bawls.

More
16 Aug 2012 01:50 - 16 Aug 2012 01:50 #27184 by Arxon

Rhythmatic wrote: I'm just an old-school traditional FPS gamer, I suppose. ;)

I am with you on this one. But my father even played tribes and he does NOT play FPS at all really and he got the hang of it pretty quick.
Last edit: 16 Aug 2012 01:50 by Arxon.

More
16 Aug 2012 02:04 #27185 by garfi3ld
"
I only saw the first thread that had the list of games as potential choices and many of the games I'd have wanted chosen were on it. I did not know about the second thread with a smaller selection to be picked on."

You have to post up your interest so we know what games are the most popular. <3

Wes

More
16 Aug 2012 02:06 #27186 by Plague

Arxon wrote: If it is ok with Wes and the rest of the staff, I would like to hose a D3 side tourney for a 6 pack of bawls.

I don't see this being a problem, Wes will just have to look at scheduling.

More
16 Aug 2012 02:26 #27189 by garfi3ld
I have no problem with this as long as it doesn't effect regular activity's like raffles.

But you will need to have a good idea of how long it will take and things like that

Wes

More
16 Aug 2012 23:38 - 16 Aug 2012 23:40 #27220 by Rhythmatic
Just a heads up for Tribes, folks: MAKE SURE YOU'VE UPDATED THE GAME DEAR GOD HOLY SHIT.

HOOOOH MAH GAHD. I have had the game since the beta, but wanted the Steam overlay functionality, so I went ahead and installed the Steam version. Beforehand, I went ahead and uninstalled the version I had, which apparently required a system restart because of some services that it runs for updates. System back up, go to run the game, ERROR. So I have steam run a file validation. Comes back fine. Still, an error with the HiRez Unified Authenticator thingy. Check some forums, turns out something didn't install right. Uninstall, reinstall. Now it's finally brought up the frontend (the window that opens to update etc), install the redistributables, the game runs. Go to login to play, it says that my version is mismatched and my login credentials are invalid AND IT NEEDS TO FUCKING UPDATE. Apparently the steam version is 1.0.1016.7 and the current version is 1.0.1055. So it's now updating 500MB to get to version 1.0.1054 and then still needs to update to 1055.

SOFTWARE PATCH DURFHURFHURDURHUR

So to save those of you who are in the tournament as well as the staff some trouble, make sure you can play and have the latest update. The fucking update program only works half the time, so prepare yourself. :lol: :silly:
Last edit: 16 Aug 2012 23:40 by Rhythmatic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
17 Aug 2012 00:06 #27223 by Myndmelt
I had pretty much the same experience when I was trying to go from the original beta then over to the steam version.

More
17 Aug 2012 00:18 #27224 by Dreyvas

Rhythmatic wrote: Just a heads up for Tribes, folks: MAKE SURE YOU'VE UPDATED THE GAME DEAR GOD HOLY SHIT.

HOOOOH MAH GAHD. I have had the game since the beta, but wanted the Steam overlay functionality, so I went ahead and installed the Steam version. Beforehand, I went ahead and uninstalled the version I had, which apparently required a system restart because of some services that it runs for updates. System back up, go to run the game, ERROR. So I have steam run a file validation. Comes back fine. Still, an error with the HiRez Unified Authenticator thingy. Check some forums, turns out something didn't install right. Uninstall, reinstall. Now it's finally brought up the frontend (the window that opens to update etc), install the redistributables, the game runs. Go to login to play, it says that my version is mismatched and my login credentials are invalid AND IT NEEDS TO FUCKING UPDATE. Apparently the steam version is 1.0.1016.7 and the current version is 1.0.1055. So it's now updating 500MB to get to version 1.0.1054 and then still needs to update to 1055.

SOFTWARE PATCH DURFHURFHURDURHUR

So to save those of you who are in the tournament as well as the staff some trouble, make sure you can play and have the latest update. The fucking update program only works half the time, so prepare yourself. :lol: :silly:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Arxon, Rhythmatic

More
17 Aug 2012 01:29 - 17 Aug 2012 01:30 #27227 by Venus_Wong
Last edit: 17 Aug 2012 01:30 by Venus_Wong.

More
24 Aug 2012 20:23 #27499 by Twodavez
I'm really looking forward to the ARAM LoL tourney! :woohoo:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey_Boy

We have 2381 guests and no members online

supportus