Official Tournaments for V11.0 [EDIT] Now w/Rules!

More
13 Aug 2012 16:34 #27081 by Twodavez
I honestly didn't think it was a legit game, i thought it was like Bus Simulator where you can actually pick people up and drive the bus around, but there was really no purpose... I think it would be funny and LAN OC would be the only LAN To ever have it as a tourney. Might be a good opportunity to tap into the makers advertising budget as i doubt many other events are looking for their sponsorship for their lan parties!

and we'd have to make a rule that going across the street and picking up a farmer to help would be CHEATING!!! :evil:

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Aug 2012 17:56 #27082 by Myndmelt

GRAINN STORRAGEEEEE

More
13 Aug 2012 18:24 #27085 by evildoer
What about the Graveyard speed runs?

Steam Link

More
13 Aug 2012 18:29 #27087 by Twodavez

evildoer wrote: What about the Graveyard speed runs?

Steam Link

Am i really going ot have to buy Farm Simulator? How much is it? i can't access steam from work...

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
13 Aug 2012 18:34 #27089 by evildoer

Twodavez wrote:

evildoer wrote: What about the Graveyard speed runs?

Steam Link

Am i really going ot have to buy Farm Simulator? How much is it? i can't access steam from work...

We're full of Cow Pais

More
13 Aug 2012 22:05 #27094 by garfi3ld

Twodavez wrote: I honestly didn't think it was a legit game, i thought it was like Bus Simulator where you can actually pick people up and drive the bus around, but there was really no purpose... I think it would be funny and LAN OC would be the only LAN To ever have it as a tourney. Might be a good opportunity to tap into the makers advertising budget as i doubt many other events are looking for their sponsorship for their lan parties!

and we'd have to make a rule that going across the street and picking up a farmer to help would be CHEATING!!! :evil:

if it was cheap I would totally do this as a tournament.

Wes

More
13 Aug 2012 23:15 #27097 by X-Infinity-Zero
LOL

Still cant believe this is being talked about.

Evildoer I think we can call this a success. :laugh:

More
13 Aug 2012 23:30 #27098 by Twodavez

X-Infinity-Zero wrote: LOL

How much is the game, i can't get on steam from work, but i think i saw it for only $8 through a non-steam gaming website and like $12 on ebay...

I'm not sure what game modes or even how the game is played. Do you really pick out seed, load it in the tractor, plow the fields, water/spray insectacide, wait for it to grow then go out and harvest it? I guess i imagined it more like a Sim game where you tell people to do stuff and it gets done. Like you tell them to put a building here and it's build, you don't have to become an actual person on the ground and swing a hammer to put up the new police station...
If it's something like a skills challenges, why not someone bring an extra PC and just make it a non-official walk up tourney on the projector or something?

More
14 Aug 2012 00:17 #27102 by evildoer

Twodavez wrote:

X-Infinity-Zero wrote: LOL

How much is the game, i can't get on steam from work, but i think i saw it for only $8 through a non-steam gaming website and like $12 on ebay...

I'm not sure what game modes or even how the game is played. Do you really pick out seed, load it in the tractor, plow the fields, water/spray insectacide, wait for it to grow then go out and harvest it? I guess i imagined it more like a Sim game where you tell people to do stuff and it gets done. Like you tell them to put a building here and it's build, you don't have to become an actual person on the ground and swing a hammer to put up the new police station...
If it's something like a skills challenges, why not someone bring an extra PC and just make it a non-official walk up tourney on the projector or something?

$15 not on sale through steam. Furthest I got was driving a combine into the water and flipping some equipment.

Pro Tip: Don't drive the combine in to the water.

EVILDOERS FARM SIMULATOR SCREENSHOT WORLD

More
14 Aug 2012 00:36 #27103 by X-Infinity-Zero
Yea I remember seeing you do that Evil and it looked pretty epic lol.

Also remember watching you run over a car full of cement and lets not forget about the lady that walked right thru the combine when you tried to run her over.

The game was so damn life like it just blew my mind.

More
14 Aug 2012 00:47 #27104 by Oh4sh0
Speaking of the schedule, has this been posted anywheres?

More
14 Aug 2012 04:31 #27109 by Cyphis
OMG!!! I can't believe I sat there and watched that Graveyard video. Evil....I want my 3+ minutes back. :blink:

More
14 Aug 2012 04:48 #27111 by Twodavez

Cyphis wrote: OMG!!! I can't believe I sat there and watched that Graveyard video. Evil....I want my 3+ minutes back. :blink:

I've been watching farm simulator videos for the past hour while watching my normal TV shows, it's amazing that people go through all that effort to plant, fertilize, then go get the tractor, load, unload, crazy!!!!

More
14 Aug 2012 04:58 #27113 by evildoer
I took the entire week off before LAN OC

Gonna spend like 10 mins brushing up on my farming skills

It'll be l337

More
14 Aug 2012 16:42 #27124 by Twodavez

Oh4sh0 wrote: Speaking of the schedule, has this been posted anywheres?

Looks like all that's out there is last LAN's information...
lanocreviews.com/lanoc-lanpartys/lan-information/event-schedule

More
14 Aug 2012 21:22 #27134 by garfi3ld

Twodavez wrote:

Oh4sh0 wrote: Speaking of the schedule, has this been posted anywheres?

Looks like all that's out there is last LAN's information...
lanocreviews.com/lanoc-lanpartys/lan-information/event-schedule

it was delayed because of the tournament changes, but will be posted up VERY soon

Wes

More
14 Aug 2012 23:14 #27137 by HaleyM2012
Yeha, uhm i just watched that.. WTF!!! hahah

STEAM- Haleym2012 [:

More
14 Aug 2012 23:53 #27138 by Twodavez

HaleyM2012 wrote: Yeha, uhm i just watched that.. WTF!!! hahah

Watched what? there were a few different things that were posted...

More
15 Aug 2012 09:45 - 15 Aug 2012 09:47 #27153 by Rhythmatic
Hate to be Mr. Buzz Killington, but for me, it's another event that I probably won't be entering any tournaments in. While I understand you need to pick what's popular, I really don't think Tribes counts as an FPS entry, even though it technically is an FPS. IMO, it has an incredibly high learning curve (which to some could be a good thing) but after trying it so many times I just can't see it being a tournament-tier game.

Again, these are just my subjective opinions. We should do a "semi" old-school tournament sometime, something like classic UT or CS, or even Q3.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2012 09:47 by Rhythmatic.

More
15 Aug 2012 10:18 #27156 by garfi3ld
As we have said many times before, we can only go by what people post in the posts asking for game feedback and also tournament feedback. I emailed them out to everyone and they ran for months. PLEASE post in those leading up to the events if you want us to play specific games.

Here are links to the original posts

lanoc.org/kunenaforum/34-lanoc-v110-sept...s-need-your-feedback

lanoc.org/kunenaforum/34-lanoc-v110-sept...erest-for-lanoc-v110

Wes

More
15 Aug 2012 16:16 #27158 by Twodavez
There was much discussion about the touryments by only a handful of people, and even with that, we didn't all get the games we wanted. It's a final call by the staff in choosing what they think will get the most play and be the most fun. I for one don't own Worms, but that's something that's fun to watch and should be a good tourney. It's important to be a part of the community, especially the month or two leading up to the event to ensure your opinion is taking into account.

Wes- Wonder if you could have tourneys voted on at time of registration like Stompfest used to do? you could populate 5 FPS games that would work and let the community truly vote on it. I understand not everyone has the time or interest in being a large part of the forums community and this would give the staff good feedback on what people want to play, besides just waiting for me and the few others to post our comments on behalf of the rest of the LAN. I think you're doing a good job, just little things as the LAN gets bigger to help include everyone.

More
15 Aug 2012 17:43 - 15 Aug 2012 17:43 #27161 by Myndmelt

Rhythmatic wrote: We should do a "semi" old-school tournament sometime, something like classic UT or CS, or even Q3.

I do agree with this part.

But yes, the posts were out there about the tournaments for a long time now. You cant really expect to get on like 2 weeks before the LAN and complain about the games that were picked. This stuff has to be organized in advance. Also, keep in mind the staff does not care about which games are being played as long as there is a good way to do them. Any ways its all about having fun. If you want to enter a tournament go for it, if you don't just chill and enjoy the LAN games/company.
Last edit: 15 Aug 2012 17:43 by Myndmelt.

More
15 Aug 2012 17:56 #27162 by evildoer
We had some fun playing Quake DM at the last Nexus Mini

With EZ-Quake the rendering engine is updated and supports high, widescreen resolutions.

I was prepared, it took us five minutes to get everyone up and running.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dreyvas

More
15 Aug 2012 18:16 #27163 by Twodavez

evildoer wrote: We had some fun playing Quake DM at the last Nexus Mini

With EZ-Quake the rendering engine is updated and supports high, widescreen resolutions.

I like the idea of being able to get a new game to our group up and running very quickly!

More
15 Aug 2012 19:29 #27165 by Dreyvas

This sounds awesome, to be honest.

More
15 Aug 2012 19:46 #27168 by Myndmelt

Does it work if you have quake via steam?

More
15 Aug 2012 20:07 #27171 by Twodavez

Myndmelt wrote:

the more important question is, what if you don't currently own quake :whistle:
Some of those older games aren't findable to purchase legally...

More
15 Aug 2012 20:45 #27172 by evildoer

Twodavez wrote:

Myndmelt wrote:

Probably works with steam

Twodavez, you can play EZ-Quake with the shareware version. I already have EZ-Quake RAR'd up and ready to go. You literally extract and you're done.

More
15 Aug 2012 21:13 #27174 by Twodavez

evildoer wrote:

Twodavez wrote:

Myndmelt wrote:

Probably works with steam

Twodavez, you can play EZ-Quake with the shareware version. I already have EZ-Quake RAR'd up and ready to go. You literally extract and you're done.

Sign me up, although this whole conversation really belonged in the games discussion instead of us taking over the tournament thread :-) I'm guilty too. It's all good!

More
16 Aug 2012 00:27 #27176 by Shroud

Rhythmatic wrote: I just can't see it being a tournament-tier game.

There is a Professional circuit and very large tournaments for Tribes:Ascend, so if you can't see you may want to get your eyes checked. :laugh:

We have 3393 guests and one member online

supportus