Considering coming to LANOCv10. Convince me

More
15 Feb 2012 23:14 #22917 by Teh_tourist
I've been going to Lanwar events in Louisville Kentucky for a few years now and am thinking of branching out to some new LANS on the off months. LANOC will be a three hour drive for me, the games I mainly play are LoL, Trackmania, and CS:GO. Do LANOC attendees think it will be a worthwhile event fro a three hour drive? When does it start and end exactly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Feb 2012 23:17 #22918 by KenCoTwelve
Ohh Lanwar. MML hasn't been good since 2004. I'll be down to play Trackmania with ya. I don't have an invite to CS:GO though.

More
15 Feb 2012 23:18 - 15 Feb 2012 23:36 #22919 by Lersar
v10.0 schedule, subject to change
Saturday
10am Doors open
10:30am Early Bird Raffle Walk up tournament explained
11am Walk up tournament starts
1pm RTS tournament signup locked at this time, make sure you are signed up before this time. Also make sure your game is up to date and functioning correctly
1:30pm Raffle
2pm RTS Tournament Starts
5pm Dinner time
6PM Old School Tournament
8PMish Exibition Starts
Midnight Last Raffle then movie's start
2am Lockdown, no equipment leaves after this time.
3am Quiet time starts

Sunday
10am doors reopen
10:30am Early Bird Raffle
Noon Dodgeball
1pm Case Showoff Voting
2pm FPS tournament signup locked at this time, make sure you are signed up before this time. Also make sure your game is up to date and functioning correctly
3pm FPS Tournament
6pm Cleanup then final raffle, fps and case mod winners announced
6:30 Doors close

Schedule is subject to change

---

I won't try to sway you too much since I'm a staff member and obviously bias, but I can tell you we'd be happy to have you.

We also may have a couple coming from Hopkinsville for v10.0.
Last edit: 15 Feb 2012 23:36 by Lersar.

More
15 Feb 2012 23:28 #22920 by Teh_tourist
I'm 95% sure I will come after those lightning fast responses, jsut have to find some friends to come with :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar

More
15 Feb 2012 23:29 #22921 by garfi3ld
staff here also, I would be happy to sell you on it. But I think it would be better coming from our attendee's. I will say that most of the people who come to the LAN are actually coming from a 2-4 hour drive to get here. We have even had people come from as far as Toronto

Wes

More
15 Feb 2012 23:38 #22922 by Teh_tourist
I also run a for fun tournament at Lanwar called name that game, and I would be willing to run it at LANOC as well if you would like it.

Basically I setup a livestream from my PC where I play music from various video games and players have to be the first to guess the name of the game correctly. I usually play to 20 points and with 15-20 people that can take 1-2 hours.

What I've always wanted to do is to run it over a loudspeaker, and use a local IRC chatroom for people to guess the games.

More
16 Feb 2012 00:46 #22924 by Wingless92
I have been going to LanOC since V6 before I was on staff.

The single item that makes a good LAN is the people. The people that come to our LAN's are some of the best. Everyone always has a good time and if someone needs help our community jumps at the chance to help.

It's a big LAN with a small LAN feel. The new building also helps out. The newer building has more bathrooms along with being large in square feet.

Also our sponsor's are some of the best. We are always getting new ones along with some sponsor's being on board for awhile now. Either way, if you are a hard core PC gamer then our LAN is one of the best.

We also try to be fair with everything. You don't get more raffle tickets just because you need more space than someone else does.

The drive for me is around 2 1/2 hours and I wouldn't think about not coming. Then again, i'm on Staff so I have to be there, lol.

Like Adam said, we would be more than happy to have you as part of our biggest LAN to date. I hope you can make the trip up. More people = more fun!

More
16 Feb 2012 01:23 #22926 by garfi3ld

Wingless92 wrote: The drive for me is around 2 1/2 hours and I wouldn't think about not coming. Then again, i'm on Staff so I have to be there, lol.

Now, but before this event you weren't you came willingly :-p

Wes

More
16 Feb 2012 02:14 #22927 by Reaper
Only about an hour drive for me. I've only been to a few but highly recommend. Never had a moment I didn't enjoy.

More
16 Feb 2012 05:07 #22934 by Dreyvas

Teh_tourist wrote: I've been going to Lanwar events in Louisville Kentucky for a few years now and am thinking of branching out to some new LANS on the off months. LANOC will be a three hour drive for me, the games I mainly play are LoL, Trackmania, and CS:GO. Do LANOC attendees think it will be a worthwhile event fro a three hour drive? When does it start and end exactly?

Forget the LAN, how did you get into the beta for CS:GO? Hahaha

More
16 Feb 2012 05:13 #22936 by Arxon
Best lan experience hands down

More
16 Feb 2012 05:30 #22937 by Davey_Boy
Always a good time at LanOC :lol:

More
16 Feb 2012 05:33 #22938 by Wooderson
It's so worth the drive. I come from two and a half hours away, and D-Raymac, Gweg, and Jerome all drive over three hours to the Lan. I would drive further to be a part of this great community. The people have become fast friends and and great gaming buds though steam, nightly if you want. Someone is always on and ready to play.

I kill CPU's
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arxon

More
16 Feb 2012 22:08 #22967 by Teh_tourist

Dreyvas wrote:

Teh_tourist wrote: I've been going to Lanwar events in Louisville Kentucky for a few years now and am thinking of branching out to some new LANS on the off months. LANOC will be a three hour drive for me, the games I mainly play are LoL, Trackmania, and CS:GO. Do LANOC attendees think it will be a worthwhile event fro a three hour drive? When does it start and end exactly?

Valve gave out 25 keys at Lanwar 50 :)

More
16 Feb 2012 23:01 #22969 by Dreyvas

Teh_tourist wrote:

Dreyvas wrote:

Valve gave out 25 keys at Lanwar 50 :)

Ugh, nice. I hope you can make it, I really want to see it in action.

More
16 Feb 2012 23:52 #22971 by Teh_tourist

Dreyvas wrote: Ugh, nice. I hope you can make it, I really want to see it in action.

I'll definitely be coming, about to sign up actually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lersar, L0rdG1gabyt3

More
17 Feb 2012 00:03 #22972 by Lersar

Teh_tourist wrote:

Dreyvas wrote: Ugh, nice. I hope you can make it, I really want to see it in action.

I'll definitely be coming, about to sign up actually.

Happy to hear it :)

More
17 Feb 2012 03:36 #22987 by Wooderson
Good to hear. See you there.

I kill CPU's

More
17 Feb 2012 05:23 #22988 by chadkirchner
I'll be there! That's reason enough! :)

More
17 Feb 2012 05:32 #22990 by Wingless92

chadkirchner wrote: I'll be there! That's reason enough! :)

And he's a Mac user! And it's his first LanOC event! Cherry poppin time.

More
18 Feb 2012 04:01 #23027 by Action
I've gone to several of LAN OCs and had a good time. I am sure you will too!

More
20 Feb 2012 23:25 #23087 by JWLopez69
I will be attending with Teh_Tourist, me and him have been going to Lanwars for .... 14 or 15 events. He's going to drive up from his place where I meet him at. Look forward to another LAN, always seems like I am missing out since we lost our building we used to run monthly lans out of. I'm in it for the Swag. Now to find out where to sign up for tourneys:)

Swag won to date:
Zalman VGA Coolers (lanwar 36-40)
Various 400-500 Watt Power supplies (Lanwar 42-46)
Various Lanyards(lanwar/MML 8)
Various T-Shirts(MML 9)
Seagate 3TB XT Hard drive (Lanwar 48)
Alienware M14x Laptop (MML 10)

More
20 Feb 2012 23:31 #23088 by garfi3ld
tournament signup is on our control panel at the LAN

looking forward to meeting you!

Wes

More
21 Feb 2012 00:56 #23093 by JWLopez69
Ah that's different. Guess it's better that way then pore people probably sign up for them. One thing I haven't found out yet is it cool to bring an army cot to sleep on next to my computer during quite time? Also Are we allowed to bring our own chair(s)?

More
21 Feb 2012 01:12 #23094 by garfi3ld
Yeah our software is where we run polls for different activity's, track tournament brackets and signups, food runs, and where even do our case mod contest voting.

You can setup your cot in a few of the open areas and also their is a back room that people will be able to sleep in. You just can't set it up until that night, that way it doesn't take up room during the main parts of the event.

Bringing your own chair is fine as long as it doesn't disrupt the flow around you. Last event the tables were placed a little to close together because of a miss communication during setup. This time their will be more room but we would still like to make sure people can fit through the isles easily. If you think your seat is going to be a little to large I would recommend picking a seat on the bottom left table on the seat map, there will be extra room.

Wes

More
21 Feb 2012 02:47 #23097 by Davey_Boy

garfi3ld wrote: Bringing your own chair is fine as long as it doesn't disrupt the flow around you. Last event the tables were placed a little to close together because of a miss communication during setup. This time their will be more room but we would still like to make sure people can fit through the isles easily. If you think your seat is going to be a little to large I would recommend picking a seat on the bottom left table on the seat map, there will be extra room.

Yea that sucked last time! haha I always felt bad asking ppl to move so I could get out of the isle!! hahaha :P

More
21 Feb 2012 03:17 #23098 by Lersar

Davey_Boy wrote:

garfi3ld wrote: Bringing your own chair is fine as long as it doesn't disrupt the flow around you. Last event the tables were placed a little to close together because of a miss communication during setup. This time their will be more room but we would still like to make sure people can fit through the isles easily. If you think your seat is going to be a little to large I would recommend picking a seat on the bottom left table on the seat map, there will be extra room.

Yea that sucked last time! haha I always felt bad asking ppl to move so I could get out of the isle!! hahaha :P

No he didn't.

More
24 Feb 2012 08:17 #23256 by Kurzuul

Teh_tourist wrote: BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH Trackmania BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A CHALLENGE?!?!?!?1/1/!?!1/1?!1?!?!/1/1/1/!?!?!?!1/!?!?

But yeah, I recommend the lan, hope to see you there, you'll have fun etc etc

File Attachment:

Xbox Live: Ceffanus
Steam: korbaut
Windows LIVE: aloysis

[WARNING: THIS POST CONTAINS NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER AND IS BASICALLY 100% ASSUMPTION.]

We have 2174 guests and no members online

supportus