PC for Rent/Borrow

More
02 Feb 2012 05:37 #22471 by Twodavez
PC for Rent/Borrow was created by Twodavez
Hello kind community of LAN OC,
My in-laws currently have a Chinese foreign exchange student (Edward) who will be joining Nick_Wic & I at the next lan. Problem is he has a Macbook Pro, which doesn't seem to have the video card/PC Type needed to play most of the games we'll be enjoying at the LAN.
Would anyone have a PC they'd let him borrow for the event? I can bring a monitor, keyboard and mouse, just need a decent tower for him to use...
I'd be willing to buy you lunch or something for the trouble of you hauling it to the LAN. He's a pretty cool kid and I'd like for him to have a good time at the LAN. I'll have him bring his MAC to the LAN also in case we get playing something that costs money, but with several games free on STEAM or LoL, I'm sure he'll be able to participate some in the gaming. I think he's mainly coming for the cultural experience.

I'd appreciate anything you could offer (that's not going to Lag too bad) to help.

Thanks all,
David

P.S. Who knows, maybe when China takes over the US, he'll remember your kind deeds and put in a good word with the Emperor! J/K ;)

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2012 07:17 #22473 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow
Ive got a Dell Precision with a 3.2GHz HT P4 in it... If I get my new rig finished by v10, ill put my GT430 in it and it should be pretty capable of playing all but the most demanding things... Ill let you know as we get closer.. There is still a chance I may have to cancel with a few days to go.

More
02 Feb 2012 07:23 #22474 by Wingless92
Replied by Wingless92 on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow
Dave, I can bring the LanBox for him. I was going to bring the Main Rig anyways.

More
02 Feb 2012 08:11 #22475 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow
Mr. G1gabyt3 i really appreciate the offer. but If Wingless is 100% a go to bring his lanbox, i'll just go with that. I'd rather not have to think about it anymore if i've got a sure deal.

I'd call you lord, but i'm not in your kingdom to do so :-) ha ha

Wingless, that would be Great. I'm sure he'd really appreciate having a more powerful PC than the people that are brining him. I just have a 22" widescreen we'll hook up to it to save you from having to haul another monitor.

Thanks soo much both of you for posting and offereing. I'm sure we'll be able to show him a good nerdy time!

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

More
02 Feb 2012 08:32 #22476 by Wingless92
No problem at all. I will bring the tower, CAT5 cable, power cable. Just bring the rest and we'll be set. I have a all of my Steam games installed along with some others so he should be good to go.

More
02 Feb 2012 18:07 #22480 by L0rdG1gabyt3
Replied by L0rdG1gabyt3 on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow

Twodavez wrote: Mr. G1gabyt3 i really appreciate the offer. but If Wingless is 100% a go to bring his lanbox, i'll just go with that. I'd rather not have to think about it anymore if i've got a sure deal.

I'd call you lord, but i'm not in your kingdom to do so :-) ha ha!

Np. and if L0rdG1gabyt3 is too much to type, and you dont feel comfortable calling me L0rd, than you can call me LG. Thats what they do on other forums.

Wingless92 wrote: Dave, I can bring the LanBox for him. I was going to bring the Main Rig anyways.

Thanks!

More
04 Feb 2012 07:10 #22553 by Wooderson
Replied by Wooderson on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow
I have a extra copy of COD4 if he wants it. Let me know his Steam name and I will gift it to him if he wants. Its old but a good game for free lol.

I kill CPU's

More
18 Feb 2012 04:01 #23026 by Wingless92
Bump for Dave! I am bringing so much stuff with me that I am not going to have any room in my car. If someone else can step up to the plate and bring an extra PC that would really help out.

Thanks again.

More
18 Feb 2012 09:12 #23035 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow
I will have my Silverstone cube there. it should play the tournament games just fine.

More
18 Feb 2012 21:31 #23044 by Twodavez
Replied by Twodavez on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow

Plague wrote: I will have my Silverstone cube there. it should play the tournament games just fine.

Thanks Plague, HE's not going to need anything super good, he'll just be playing the Free games available at the LAN, i just didn't want him to be completely limited with bringing his Macbook only.

I'll plan in brining at 22" widescreen, mouse and keyboard for him to use to help save you some space and worry on packing it up.

Thanks everyone who offered to bring something. I'm sure he'll be a little lost on a PC vs a Mac, but he's mainly just coming to school you all in SC2, no i'm kidding, he's just coming to hang out and see what the event is all about.

More
18 Feb 2012 21:53 #23046 by Lersar
Replied by Lersar on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow

Twodavez wrote: I'm sure he'll be a little lost on a PC vs a Mac, but he's mainly just coming to school you all in SC2, no i'm kidding, he's just coming to hang out and see what the event is all about.

He won't be the only Mac user, Chad will also be coming to the LAN, his car is littered with Apple stickers :P

More
18 Feb 2012 22:14 #23048 by garfi3ld
Replied by garfi3ld on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow
those aren't stickers, they are just letters to steve jobs that he has. Each of them is just a mac logo that he has drawn into the shape of a heart

Wes

More
18 Feb 2012 22:20 #23049 by Wingless92

garfi3ld wrote: those aren't stickers, they are just letters to steve jobs that he has. Each of them is just a mac logo that he has drawn into the shape of a heart

O M G!!!

I damn near fell outta my chair reading that.

AWESOME, LMAO.

More
19 Feb 2012 06:40 #23064 by Plague
Replied by Plague on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow

Twodavez wrote:

Plague wrote: I will have my Silverstone cube there. it should play the tournament games just fine.

I'll plan in brining at 22" widescreen, mouse and keyboard for him to use to help save you some space and worry on packing it up.

Sweet one less monitor to move. Thank you.

More
26 Feb 2012 00:30 #23329 by chadkirchner
Replied by chadkirchner on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow
haha, yep I'm the resident Mac lover. :woohoo:

Lersar wrote:

Twodavez wrote: I'm sure he'll be a little lost on a PC vs a Mac, but he's mainly just coming to school you all in SC2, no i'm kidding, he's just coming to hang out and see what the event is all about.

He won't be the only Mac user, Chad will also be coming to the LAN, his car is littered with Apple stickers :P

More
26 Feb 2012 00:30 #23330 by chadkirchner
Replied by chadkirchner on topic Re: PC for Rent/Borrow
QFT

garfi3ld wrote: those aren't stickers, they are just letters to steve jobs that he has. Each of them is just a mac logo that he has drawn into the shape of a heart

We have 1974 guests and one member online

supportus